JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am putting this here cause not all of us go to the NFA section.

This is a $75 (plus the tax stamp) adapter to use a oil filter for a silencer.
BATF registered and all.

[video=youtube_share;haiqFcIXTqs]http://youtu.be/haiqFcIXTqs[/video]

Making suppressors isn't rocket science. $20 worth of parts at your local hardware store, and that's being sophisticated about it. Especially for a .22. And it will be smaller in diameter. The real issue is dealing with the legalities.

And in this case, once you fire through that oil filter it becomes a suppressor tube, thus opening you up to questionable activity if you ever "change" that tube. Doesn't matter which part has the serial number at that point.

ATF Online - Firearms - Frequently Asked Questions - National Firearms Act (NFA) - Silencers

A guy would have to delve deeper intro this,since the part in the video has the serial number on it.

I don't plan on buying one,so I don't care enough to research it.I just thought it would interest a few on here.

And I'm 100% sure that the "solvent adapter" in Brown's post isn't made to be part of a build.
100% sure;) Funny how it's almost the same price.

Making suppressors isn't rocket science. $20 worth of parts at your local hardware store, and that's being sophisticated about it. Especially for a .22. And it will be smaller in diameter. The real issue is dealing with the legalities.

And in this case, once you fire through that oil filter it becomes a suppressor tube, thus opening you up to questionable activity if you ever "change" that tube. Doesn't matter which part has the serial number at that point.

ATF Online - Firearms - Frequently Asked Questions - National Firearms Act (NFA) - Silencers

You are correct. Straight from the manufactures website:

The adapter part is manufactured by Cadiz Gun Works, Jewett, OH and carries a registered serial number The oil filter will share the serial number of the adapter.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews