JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am putting this here cause not all of us go to the NFA section.

This is a $75 (plus the tax stamp) adapter to use a oil filter for a silencer.
BATF registered and all.

[video=youtube_share;haiqFcIXTqs]http://youtu.be/haiqFcIXTqs[/video]

Making suppressors isn't rocket science. $20 worth of parts at your local hardware store, and that's being sophisticated about it. Especially for a .22. And it will be smaller in diameter. The real issue is dealing with the legalities.

And in this case, once you fire through that oil filter it becomes a suppressor tube, thus opening you up to questionable activity if you ever "change" that tube. Doesn't matter which part has the serial number at that point.

ATF Online - Firearms - Frequently Asked Questions - National Firearms Act (NFA) - Silencers

A guy would have to delve deeper intro this,since the part in the video has the serial number on it.

I don't plan on buying one,so I don't care enough to research it.I just thought it would interest a few on here.

And I'm 100% sure that the "solvent adapter" in Brown's post isn't made to be part of a build.
100% sure;) Funny how it's almost the same price.

Making suppressors isn't rocket science. $20 worth of parts at your local hardware store, and that's being sophisticated about it. Especially for a .22. And it will be smaller in diameter. The real issue is dealing with the legalities.

And in this case, once you fire through that oil filter it becomes a suppressor tube, thus opening you up to questionable activity if you ever "change" that tube. Doesn't matter which part has the serial number at that point.

ATF Online - Firearms - Frequently Asked Questions - National Firearms Act (NFA) - Silencers

You are correct. Straight from the manufactures website:

The adapter part is manufactured by Cadiz Gun Works, Jewett, OH and carries a registered serial number The oil filter will share the serial number of the adapter.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top