Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Adam Smith 9th District

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Capn Jack, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Capn Jack

Capn Jack Wet-Stern Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Congressman Smith 9th District is running right down the party lines...:paranoid:

Grab the guns first....Then address the issues.:partyman:

2. Father of four

Father of four Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

Weird... when reading what he thinks about gun control it sounds very close to almost all the responses from other representatives I have read here at NWFA.

"Congressman Smith Statement on President's Plan to Reduce Gun Violence

Washington, Jan 16 - House Armed Services Committee Ranking Member Adam Smith (WA-09) released the following statement after President Obama announced his proposal to reduce gun violence:"

“America is facing an epidemic of gun violence. We need to find a comprehensive approach that improves access to mental health services, closes loopholes in background check requirements, and bans military-style and excessively violent assault weapons and high-capacity magazines.

“Today, the President offered an initial plan to reduce and prevent gun violence through executive actions. It is now Congress’ turn to act to create lasting reforms that keep our communities safe. As part of the House Gun Violence Prevention Task Force, I will work with my colleagues to review the President’s plan, as well as other proposals, to put policies in place that protect our children and communities while maintaining the rights granted by the Second Amendment.“

Press Releases - U.S. Congressman Adam Smith

3. Just Me

Just Me Peoples Republik of Oregon Active Member

Unfortunately, most politicians do follow party lines because they want to get re-elected and that is tough to do without the party support. It would be nice to see someone get elected out of the desire to actually represent the voters rather than getting into the club and staying there.

4. Father of four

Father of four Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

Maybe if we write him a few hundred thousand e-mails he'll change his mind?

trekkerpaul and (deleted member) like this.
  5. jfw

jfw Clackamas county Active Member

America is actually facing an epidemic of stupidity and laziness.

Just Me and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Just Me

Just Me Peoples Republik of Oregon Active Member

Unfortunately many of them are in public office. :(

jfw and (deleted member) like this.
  7. joeroket

joeroket Everett,Wa. Active Member

Well I am glad he's not talking about my weapons. They are very docile and non-violent. :p

That has got to be one of the dumbest statements I have heard yet.

jfw and (deleted member) like this.