JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Weird... when reading what he thinks about gun control it sounds very close to almost all the responses from other representatives I have read here at NWFA.

"Congressman Smith Statement on President's Plan to Reduce Gun Violence

Washington, Jan 16 - House Armed Services Committee Ranking Member Adam Smith (WA-09) released the following statement after President Obama announced his proposal to reduce gun violence:"

"America is facing an epidemic of gun violence. We need to find a comprehensive approach that improves access to mental health services, closes loopholes in background check requirements, and bans military-style and excessively violent assault weapons and high-capacity magazines.

"Today, the President offered an initial plan to reduce and prevent gun violence through executive actions. It is now Congress' turn to act to create lasting reforms that keep our communities safe. As part of the House Gun Violence Prevention Task Force, I will work with my colleagues to review the President's plan, as well as other proposals, to put policies in place that protect our children and communities while maintaining the rights granted by the Second Amendment."

<broken link removed>

Unfortunately, most politicians do follow party lines because they want to get re-elected and that is tough to do without the party support. It would be nice to see someone get elected out of the desire to actually represent the voters rather than getting into the club and staying there.

"America is facing an epidemic of gun violence. We need to find a comprehensive approach that improves access to mental health services, closes loopholes in background check requirements, and bans military-style and excessively violent assault weapons and high-capacity magazines.

Well I am glad he's not talking about my weapons. They are very docile and non-violent. :p

That has got to be one of the dumbest statements I have heard yet.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top