JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ordered one of these a while back. Took so long to get here I was about to tell Amazon just try again but it finally showed up.

I bought a 3L bottle. Thing comes in 3 packages all taped together. Zero instructions, several extra O rings and washers. So looked at video on how they go together. One video made by the Co that makes them just showed to put a washer in one place. So I figured OK, will put some air in see what happens. Threads on the parts are VERY well done which was what had me leery these being China made. I did find nothing was actually tightened from the factory. So cinched up all, hooked it up to my little compressor and let it fill for about :05. This brought it to 1K PSI so I shut off to see if anything was leaking. After a good while gauge had not moved so turned it back on. These are rated to go to 4500 PSI. That had me again leery. Thinking damn thing would go off like a bomb. :s0140:
So while staying clear of the bottle I let it get to 4K PSI. Little cheap compressor had no trouble doing this in about :15. Let the bottle sit over night, this morning still holding. So now tried topping off two PCP's that run at 3K PSI and were about 50%. WOW, hook up and gently crack valve. Could not hear air, just a slight clicking noise and gauge on first tank went to 3K. Bleed line, hooked up 2nd gun, same thing. Slight clicking noise and tank went to 3K FAST. Bottle seems to have lost so little its hard to see a movement on the gauges. So bottom line if you like to shoot for a while with PCP or paint ball marker these things are great. Small and light enough to easily carry along and refills are super fast.

Holy moly that tank alone is 6 times the price of my pump. And that is before cost of a compressor. But my pcp pistol is lower volume so maybe that's why it doesn't take long at all for me to pump to 2000-2700 (my gun's sweet spot). Might be different on a higher volume gun. Used to have a custom discovery and it took longer but not that much as I recall (been many years now).

Holy moly that tank alone is 6 times the price of my pump. And that is before cost of a compressor. But my pcp pistol is lower volume so maybe that's why it doesn't take long at all for me to pump to 2000-2700 (my gun's sweet spot). Might be different on a higher volume gun. Used to have a custom discovery and it took longer but not that much as I recall (been many years now).
Like all things to make life easier this (Tank) is not for everyone. Before I even bought my first PCP I had a couple paintball markers I use here. Use these soft practice rounds. I use them to run off Canada Geese who if left alone make a HUGE mess. I looked at a hand pump to fill those and after watching some people using them bought a cheap compressor. The pump looked too much like a workout for me. :s0140:
Then I got my first PCP semi auto .22 caliber. The tank on that will let me do quite a bit of shooting till I had to refill it. Then some damn person here had to tell me about the select fire larger caliber PCP's. After I got that I started seeing I could go through a LOT of air at an outing. In the time I was waiting for this tank I also bought a smaller compressor that uses no oil or water and can run off a car battery. It works great for filling a gun but it is SLOW. Works fine for filling one gun while shooting another on the go. Now that I got to try this tank? I am sold. If I take the guns somewhere I can take the tank and fills are FAST and super easy. I am into this stuff to the tune of a couple K now just in supplies. So certainly NOT for everyone. For the lazy people like me? They are great. :s0140:

Great review...what "cheap" compressor do you use?
This is the first one I bought:
Had it two years now and seems to be working great. It was able to fill the 3L SCBA bottle from empty to 4K PSI in one run without getting close to max temp. Looks to be a clone of the Yong Heng which seem to be sold all over the place.
2nd one I bought while waiting for the SCBA tank was this one:
It has worked fine so far. It is MUCH slower than the one that needs oil and is water cooled but, this one can run with no oil and no cooling water. Have used it to fill a 43CC bottle from empty to 3K PSI and it never got hot. It also can be set to shut off at a set pressure.

That is actually a decent price for a good tank , especially since it has hardware included.
When I was looking at one of these Amazon seemed to have several in the same price range. I picked this one as they "claimed" it was ready to ship. It took so damn long to get to me I was expecting to never see it. If I had it to do over again I would buy one that comes with a fill valve that is just one piece instead of two like mine came with. Still no real big deal. It has worked fantastic. Still scares me when I fill the damn thing but that's probably more my imagination running than anything else. So far I have only been brave enough to load it to 4K PSI. So figure with that I am giving it a cushion. I also keep in away from me while filling since that is a LOT of pressure. The damn thing makes refilling a gun so damn easy and fast that it was well worth it to me.

Thank you! I've looked at the first one before, but hesitated. I'm going to go with both of these..

In the interest of self preservation, I'll wait til after Mother's Day before dropping the coin.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top