JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My PCP has a 4500 psi small tank that gets me about 90 shots.

Would like to look at another tank that let's me do at least two refills so I can shoot a couple hundred shots.

Would like a 6L tank with 4500psi and regulator. Airtanks for sale quotes mee almost $900. Anything local to look at?

Based on the tread title . . .

saw-that-going-differently-in-my-mind.gif

:s0108:

My PCP has a 4500 psi small tank that gets me about 90 shots.

Would like to look at another tank that let's me do at least two refills so I can shoot a couple hundred shots.

Would like a 6L tank with 4500psi and regulator. Airtanks for sale quotes mee almost $900. Anything local to look at?
While back I bought one off Amazon,

Acecare 3L CE 300Bar Carbon Fiber Hpa Tank Air Systems PCP Paintball Empty Bottle
Was $300 with regulator set up all ready to go. $300. Same Co has one that is a 12L for about $700. There is literally a ton of different choices out there for this. I use a very cheap compressor to fill mine that filled it from empty to 4200 PSI in about :20. Now when I top it back off takes a very short time. With one like this you can shoot a LOT before you have to top it off again.

While back I bought one off Amazon,

Acecare 3L CE 300Bar Carbon Fiber Hpa Tank Air Systems PCP Paintball Empty Bottle
Was $300 with regulator set up all ready to go. $300. Same Co has one that is a 12L for about $700. There is literally a ton of different choices out there for this. I use a very cheap compressor to fill mine that filled it from empty to 4200 PSI in about :20. Now when I top it back off takes a very short time. With one like this you can shoot a LOT before you have to top it off again.

Amazon? I saw that one. Had no problems?

Amazon? I saw that one. Had no problems?
Nope. It made me more than a little nervous at first. That is a LOT of pressure. So I bought a longer hose to go from the compressor and can set the tank down where I am not near it while its filling. First fill I stopped at 4K PSI. Next day pressure was holding. Now when I top it off I still stop short of 4500, will let it get to about 4200 just for my piece of mind. Damn thing works fantastic. Bought a .30 select fire PCP that is a ton of damn fun. With the tank can burn a lot of lead up before its time to go back to the compressor. The nice part is filling the gun. Gun fills to 3K. So plug in, CAREFULLY crack open the tank and is seconds the gun is full again. I bought the smaller tank just to make it easy to put the tank in a bag and carry over to where I shoot. If I was driving to where I shoot? Would buy a bigger tank. The CHEAP compressor I have had for a couple years now and other than changing oil a couple times nothing. Damn things are a lot of cheap fun.

Cool. I will look at the 6L as mine is at 4500 pressure. If my math is correct I can get 3 fills before the big tank goes below 4k. Should get me 250 rounds out of the Gaunlet 2.

On Ebay I purchased a used fire department air tank for $55. It works great. 66 Cf at 4,500 psi. I did replace the regulator with a nice one. The old regulator is in the photo.

View attachment 1822294
Sounds like a great deal. I do know that every so many years they are "supposed" to be checked and certified so have to "wonder" if this one was ready and they just did not want to bother??? Not sure why they do as in do the damn things just "wear out" somehow? Anyone know if the ones made with Carbon Fiber somehow degrade or something?

Sounds like a great deal. I do know that every so many years they are "supposed" to be checked and certified so have to "wonder" if this one was ready and they just did not want to bother??? Not sure why they do as in do the damn things just "wear out" somehow? Anyone know if the ones made with Carbon Fiber somehow degrade or something?
It's actually the aluminum inside of the CF wrap that gets checked. Pitting, water, contamination from filling, the regulator assembly and so forth.

That said, I ended up buying a pump from Amazon. A tank setup is north of $350, the pump was $300 and no cost to fill the tank. 90 shots and 10 minutes to fill it from outlet or cat battery.

My tank capacity is 4500psi on the Gauntlet 2, so it would never be completely filled from another tank. With the same pressure.

My old pal who lives in PA was recently telling me that he had "tank problems." This is what he wrote me:

" There's another problem/possible repair issue that I've postponed until Spring. My expensive air compressor won't fill the tank of my expensive Hatsan Barrage .22 cal. Semi-automatic PCP air rifle. I'm hoping it might just be a fussy filter in the line that is causing it to shut down."

Now, I'd never heard of a Hatsan Barrage .22 etc, etc. because I'm not into air guns. But I decided to look it up, Holy Cow, that thing costs $900. I looked at the specs, says 3.635 psi. max fill pressure. I guess my 33 gallon 240 volt compressor in the garage that I use for air tools, etc., wouldn't fill the bill as it only generates about 150 psi.

Maybe the Hatsan is still under warranty. These things are made in Turkey, I'm getting the vibe that you guys are gonna tell me that the Hatsan product is a POS. In which case, maybe my pal should save any further money that might have to be spent to repair it if not under warranty. Or maybe there is some clever person here in the US who has mastered the ills of Hatsan. My pal uses it to shoot squirrels, not competition stuff.

Hatsan guns are pretty solid but some of the compressors from china are suspect. I went through 3 amazon specials before getting one to work and it required some mechanical intervention. I have a $400 dollar Hatsan I have shot the snot out of with no hiccups. I think Hatsan has a pretty good rep, although I have never dealt with their CS.

Hatsan guns are pretty solid but some of the compressors from china are suspect. I went through 3 amazon specials before getting one to work and it required some mechanical intervention. I have a $400 dollar Hatsan I have shot the snot out of with no hiccups. I think Hatsan has a pretty good rep, although I have never dealt with their CS.
This is why (as much as I hate how they use my money) Amazon is such a great place to buy stuff like this from. The first compressor I bought is of course China made and was quite cheap. It has worked great. Later bought another that is air cooled and can be run off your vehicle to take with you. It too is of course China but works great. The best part of buying this kind of "suspect" stuff from Amazon is if you get one that does not work you just get your money back super easy and fast. I even bought my high end Hatsan select fire rifle through Amazon for this same reason. If there had been a problem they would have made me whole fast and simple.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top