JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Asian American and Pacific Islander Gun Owners (AAPIGO) aims to provide training and representation ...on guns

Also, newer gun web page - The Reload
Thats dumb and succumbing to the further segregation goals of divide by color and race.

As an American who is a descendant from a Former US Commonwealth State which is now a separate Island Country, I find that this forum serves the same needs and does a better job of it. Why feel the need to separate?

EDIT I admit, I didn't go to the article and only responded to the OP, which based on subject, I still find stupid.

Being in CA, I can understand that they are having to do this. There are pockets of cities where they still don't integrate.

Last Edited:
Seems they're trying to help people with multiple problems. One or more people of Asian descent in their families and recent serious increase in anti-Asian harassment and violence. Being in California. Having no guns. Having no gun training or tradition with guns. Needing basic info as to how to even get started toward gun ownership. Or maybe somewhere to be able to talk about the possibility of gun ownership.

I suspect combining Asian American issue with learning about guns and self defense is counterproductive. Once a former non-gun owner feels vulnerable enough to consider guns, I think the original reason for feeling vulnerable is irrelevant. Nearly all rural people who live too far from LE feel too vulnerable to do without guns, for example. But I think other options instead or in addition are also relevant. Pepper spray. Dogs. Etc. If anyone in household is subject to depression, for example, I recommend against guns. If it were me, I'd keep org about increased hostility towards Asians separate from orgs about guns, dogs, MMA, or any other security-enhancing approaches.

However, an organization specifically helping those first considering gun ownership might make sense. Someone at the stage of first wondering whether they want a gun might not fit well into a regular gun org where everyone else is far beyond that discussion.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top