JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I caught a very nasty bacterial pneumonia that set up shop in 3 of my 5 lobes in my lungs a few years back. I was in my mid-40s, in pretty good shape with no underlying health issues other then taking a low grade medication for borderline high blood pressure.
I was in the hospital for 4 days, out of work for over three weeks and struggled with nagging lung issues for several months after. The first day in the hospital I thought I was truly dying....so sick that I actually sh1t the bed and didn't even realize I did it the first night in the hospital.
So when covid came around and I heard about the attack it causes on your respiratory system I was very concerned and thought if I get it and somehow survive my lungs will be garbage. I'm a front line worker that deals directly with the public and I couldn't wait to get the vaccine.
Guess the moral of the story is brush up against the reaper and it changes your thought process on vaccines quickly.

Indeed, personal call, and to each their own. (Both me and the wife had the Moderna vaccines. Side effects were a nothing burger for both of us.)

I got a call from my mother this morning. My uncle, her only sibling, is in the hospital with COVID-19 pneumonia. They have him on oxygen and steroids. He's in his mid-70s and has some other health issues, so we're concerned. :s0099:

Got my second Moderna shot the other day. Woke up the next day to 200/140 BP with a freight train in my head. Went away after 8 hours. Wife had second pfizer shot yesterday. Not so much as a sniffle.

Concerning vaccines, considering they're readily available for anyone that wants one, and those that don't, know the risks and are willing to accept them, it seems there is zero reason we can't open up 100% nationwide.

I guess the authoritarians aren't done playing with their new toy.

Concerning vaccines, considering they're readily available for anyone that wants one, and those that don't, know the risks and are willing to accept them, it seems there is zero reason we can't open up 100% nationwide.

I guess the authoritarians aren't done playing with their new toy.
I think it is opened up nationwide. As much as we can get nationwide anyway. The states pretty much call the shot on vaccine distribution. Oh, you're talking about opening up businesses. Still up to the state governors. My state is pretty much open.

I think it is opened up nationwide. As much as we can get nationwide anyway. The states pretty much call the shot on vaccine distribution. Oh, you're talking about opening up businesses. Still up to the state governors. My state is pretty much open.

Correct. Spokane county is moving back into phase 2 next week. 25% capacity.

Got my second Moderna shot the other day. Woke up the next day to 200/140 BP with a freight train in my head. Went away after 8 hours. Wife had second pfizer shot yesterday. Not so much as a sniffle.

I'll take my chances.

Indeed, personal call, and to each their own. (Both me and the wife had the Moderna vaccines. Side effects were a nothing burger for both of us.)

I got a call from my mother this morning. My uncle, her only sibling, is in the hospital with COVID-19 pneumonia. They have him on oxygen and steroids. He's in his mid-70s and has some other health issues, so we're concerned. :s0099:
Happened to my mom and my stepfather. Mom was in for 8 days, stepfather 2 months and 2 days.

I hope your family gets through it okay.

Well, got poked 1/2 today. See how this goes!

Our HR director at work had her second shot last Friday. She still hasnt recovered enough to return to work,
It happens. Co-worker had a fever today still second day in. I told him it was HIV and he was doomed, but he said it was probably just walking Ebola.

Guess I was lucky. I split a cord of firewood and drank 4 beers - both times - after after my first and second Pfizer shots. Never had any trouble with flu shots either, which I've gotten religiously for decades. Couldn't care less if they call it a vaccine, a shot, a booster or a conspiracy. I just don't like suffering through what they're supposed to prevent. And I hear that dying sucks too.

Last Edited:
Guess I was lucky. I split a cord of firewood and drank 4 beers - both times - after after my first and second Pfizer shots. Never had any trouble with flu shots either, which I've gotten religiously for decades. Couldn't care less if they call it a vaccine, or a shot, or a booster or a conspiracy. I just don't like suffering through what they're supposed to prevent. And I hear that dying sucks too.
Now we need a study into the efficacy of beer as a mitigater of vaccine side effects. Most likely several brands and dosages will need to be included. :)

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads