JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I'm working my bubblegum off these days covering for half of my staff who are out with active Covid cases. Ive had it and get my second shot next week. Some viruses mutate rapidly and need regular updates for their vaccines. Covid is one of them.

I actually had one of my charges call me this morning to tell me he felt like crap but it wasnt Covid and he wasnt coming in. I told him it better be Covid becuase he's only been there a month and homey don't play new guys calling in sick. Get a test bud or dont come back.

I'm no doctor or scientist, but last I checked once vaccinated, that's it?

(sigh)

Tell the flu that.

Exactly. And vaccines that can require a booster. You know: Anthrax, Chickenpox, Hepatitis A and B, HPV, Japanese Encephalitis, Measles/Mumps/Rubella (MMR), Meningitis, Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis (Tdap), Typhoid, Yellow Fever, etc.

I'm working my bubblegum off these days covering for half of my staff who are out with active Covid cases. Ive had it and get my second shot next week.

I get my second one next week. Wife already has had both. Both of us have had essentially zero side effects.

I hear you about staffing. A long time colleague of mine is no longer among the living due to the virus. She left behind a husband and five kids; two of whom are still at home. :(

Don't worry. I'll get my vaccines. I don't want to go against that grain.

Just poking to poke. Got all my vaccines as a kid. Didn't have to do it annually.

(sigh)

Exactly. And vaccines that can require a booster. You know: Anthrax, Chickenpox, Hepatitis A and B, HPV, Japanese Encephalitis, Measles/Mumps/Rubella (MMR), Meningitis, Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis (Tdap), Typhoid, Yellow Fever, etc.

I get my second one next week. Wife already has had both. Both of us have had essentially zero side effects.

I hear you about staffing. A long time colleague of mine is no longer among the living due to the virus. She left behind a husband and five kids; two of whom are still at home. :(
Ive known 2 people who would be alive were it not for Covid. One more who lost a leg at 37 from blood clots out of his lungs . Half a dozen who have been hospitalized and 2 more through coworkers family whov'e died including my bosses brother. My day shift foreman has been out a month and finally MAYBE comes back tomorrow. He was damn near a goner at 33. .

Oh, but its a hoax o_O

Ive known 2 people who would be alive were it not for Covid. One more who lost a leg at 37 from blood clots out of his lungs . Half a dozen who have been hospitalized and 2 more through coworkers family whov'e died including my bosses brother. My day shift foreman has been out a month and finally MAYBE comes back tomorrow. He was damn near a goner at 33. .

Oh, but its a hoax o_O
Oh come on, where did I say it was a hoax?

This is the BIG problem with the way politics has been front and center with this. The current Vice President went on TV to say she would never trust the vaccine that Trump was working to create. Now she of course pretends she did not say that.
Covid has been lied about for over a year to fear monger for more control.
As soon as people started taking the vaccine one party has been pretending it does not work daily. Telling those who get it they have to stay locked down.
Now they wonder why this is creating people who do not believe anything they are told?
I take a Flu shot yearly. Due to the way it is never the same year to year. Now this virus? Who knows. Since the people in charge lie daily, there is just no way to know when they are lying any more.
Wife who is in the high, VERY high risk for this, did finally get her first shot a week ago. She has been having a VERY bad time since but, will get the second shot in a few weeks. Me? I am waiting until they force it on me at work.
The party in power has wiped out a LOT of old people with lying, so they just keep doubling down an lying. Then wonder why few believe them :mad:

This is the BIG problem with the way politics has been front and center with this. The current Vice President went on TV to say she would never trust the vaccine that Trump was working to create. Now she of course pretends she did not say that.
Covid has been lied about for over a year to fear monger for more control.
As soon as people started taking the vaccine one party has been pretending it does not work daily. Telling those who get it they have to stay locked down.
Now they wonder why this is creating people who do not believe anything they are told?
I take a Flu shot yearly. Due to the way it is never the same year to year. Now this virus? Who knows. Since the people in charge lie daily, there is just no way to know when they are lying any more.
Wife who is in the high, VERY high risk for this, did finally get her first shot a week ago. She has been having a VERY bad time since but, will get the second shot in a few weeks. Me? I am waiting until they force it on me at work.
The party in power has wiped out a LOT of old people with lying, so they just keep doubling down an lying. Then wonder why few believe them :mad:
And the previous president lied to everybody about the dangers of the virus, its expected duration, its "miracle cures," all the while knowing that it really wasn't a passing thing. Now we've lost as many lives due to this virus as we lost in WW2. If that misinformation hadn't been spat from those pale lips I might have three extra family members right now. Alas, at least we have a few viable vaccines now and I'm eager to see the majority of sensible Americans receive their doses.

Oh come on, where did I say it was a hoax?
Sadly this is of course no more a hoax than cancer. The hoax has been the lying to create fear. It has worked. They have created people who believe anything the Fed's tell them like they are a cult leader. I just read that background checks kept 3 million crime scum from buying a gun since they went in. So since this is the same Government who we know never lies? I am all in on universal background checks. To say they do not work is a hoax. :s0140:

And the previous president lied to everybody about the dangers of the virus, its expected duration, its "miracle cures," all the while knowing that it really wasn't a passing thing. Now we've lost as many lives due to this virus as we lost in WW2. If that misinformation hadn't been spat from those pale lips I might have three extra family members right now. Alas, at least we have a few viable vaccines now and I'm eager to see the majority of sensible Americans receive their doses.
Yes it's all Trumps fault, no one else.
This is a prime example of why we have this mess. TDS alive and well and there is no vaccine for that. We deserve what is happening to us.

Yes it's all Trumps fault, no one else.
This is a prime example of why we have this mess. TDS alive and well and there is no vaccine for that. We deserve what is happening to us.
Eh, I mostly blame the people who ignored/are ignoring actual scientists and medical professionals. Not all know nonsense when they hear it unfortunately (about 48.7% of folks it seems).

I'm no doctor or scientist, but last I checked once vaccinated, that's it?

Nah, plenty of things require repeat vaccinations. Tetanus, etc.
Some are "one and done" but some aren't, and all lose effectiveness over time.

Edit: apparently I'm late to this party 😁

I'm not going to get it period, never had a flu shot either. I don't consider myself high risk and still believe in our right to choose....my dad got his and that's a personal decision we all need to make without feeling pressure from others around us.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads