JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
It doesn't seem like a vaccine is a vaccine if you can still possibly get and spread Covid.

"A two-dose regimen of BNT162b2 conferred 95% protection against Covid-19 in persons 16 years of age or older. Safety over a median of 2 months was similar to that of other viral vaccines." — "Safety and Efficacy of the BNT162b2 mRNA Covid-19 Vaccine", The New England Journal of Medicine, December 10, 2020

"A single dose of Ad26.COV2.S protected against symptomatic Covid-19 and asymptomatic SARS-CoV-2 infection and was effective against severe–critical disease, including hospitalization and death. Safety appeared to be similar to that in other phase 3 trials of Covid-19 vaccines", The New England Journal of Medicine, April 21, 2021

The vaccines has been proven to dramatically decrease how sick you get (morbidity) and if you'll drop dead from said (mortality). You know, what vaccines do.

With Covid it's you anti vaxers F'ing up the program.

Sad but so true. And I'll skip any additional editorializing on that crew.

"A two-dose regimen of BNT162b2 conferred 95% protection against Covid-19 in persons 16 years of age or older. Safety over a median of 2 months was similar to that of other viral vaccines." — "Safety and Efficacy of the BNT162b2 mRNA Covid-19 Vaccine", The New England Journal of Medicine, December 10, 2020

"A single dose of Ad26.COV2.S protected against symptomatic Covid-19 and asymptomatic SARS-CoV-2 infection and was effective against severe–critical disease, including hospitalization and death. Safety appeared to be similar to that in other phase 3 trials of Covid-19 vaccines", The New England Journal of Medicine, April 21, 2021

The vaccines has been proven to dramatically decrease how sick you get (morbidity) and if you'll drop dead from said (mortality). You know, what vaccines do.

Sad but so true. And I'll skip any additional editorializing on that crew.

April 13, 2021 -- Anthony Fauci, MD, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said his behavior hasn't changed much now that he's fully vaccinated against COVID-19, according to Insider.

Fauci hosts small gatherings at his home but still won't go to crowded indoor locations where people don't wear masks. He also isn't planning any travel.

Before vaccination, Fauci and his wife would only meet with their neighbors next door. And even then, the households would follow social distancing guidelines, wear masks, and meet outdoors, including the cold winters months. After vaccination, he and his neighbors moved indoors.

"We feel very comfortable in the house with no masks, and we can have physical contact and things like that," Fauci told Insider.

But he said he won't eat indoors at a restaurant or go to a movie theater.

"I don't think I would -- even if I'm vaccinated -- go into an indoor, crowded place where people are not wearing masks," Fauci said.
Dr. Anthony Fauci on Sunday said vaccinated people should still wear a mask to avoid "inadvertently" spreading the coronavirus or becoming sick themselves — though he acknowledged the risk was "very low."

The director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases said it's still possible for fully vaccinated people to contract the virus.

"What happens is that you might get infected and get absolutely no symptoms, not know you're infected, and then inadvertently go into a situation with vulnerable people," Fauci said on NBC's "Meet the Press."

Like I said, if you can't act vaccinated, it doesn't seem like much of a vaccine. Unless like @wired said, you think they are lying to you in order to manipulate your behavior. But they can't both be true. You pick.

As far as the passive aggressive little "anti vaxxer" digs, I'm personally not. I just got the DTAP a couple weeks ago. My kids are all fully vaccinated. We don't get the flu vaccine and haven't yet got the Covid vaccine though. That could change. At this point, considering the biggest risk factors are age, obesity and co morbidities, Im really not concerned. Why would I get vaccinated against something I'm not concerned about? And before you say "to not spread it to others", if they have access to this wonderful vaccine, what's the issue?

Like I said, if you can't act vaccinated, it doesn't seem like much of a vaccine. Unless like @wired said, you think they are lying to you in order to manipulate your behavior. But they can't both be true. You pick.

As far as the passive aggressive little "anti vaxxer" digs, I'm personally not. I just got the DTAP a couple weeks ago. My kids are all fully vaccinated. We don't get the flu vaccine and haven't yet got the Covid vaccine though. That could change. At this point, considering the biggest risk factors are age, obesity and co morbidities, Im really not concerned. Why would I get vaccinated against something I'm not concerned about? And before you say "to not spread it to others", if they have access to this wonderful vaccine, what's the issue?
"And before you say "to not spread it to others", if they have access to this wonderful vaccine, what's the issue?"

They are already pushing the narrative that those who don't get the vaccine are going to put those who do get the vaccine at risk of catching a variant. And that we are being selfish. I have heard a similar argument made for owning firearms. Fact is exercising freedom is going to come across as being selfish sometimes and I am fine with that.

It's interesting to observe people who are in support of 2a, but then also parrot what mainstream media says without critical thinking... then judge others for exercising their freedom of choice.

Also, it's interesting to observe how sanctimonious the majority of the public are lately. Fear is a powerful emotion.

177217887_2233167583485869_4384751742915097987_n.jpg

-Robert

You don't think this bug is already endemic?
Yes and no. Yes in that it's been prolifically spread and was likely making the rounds Dec 2019. No in that the way the mutations are seeming to re-ignite large scale hospitalizations is newer.

Greece isn't talked about much after their massive lockdowns last year, but they're starting to run hot again. I have a keen interest in India since a lot of my co-workers are there, and the new variant running amok there is going to set back their country and economy about a decade when it's done.

We're very fortunate we live where we live. Treatments have advanced significantly in a year, and the vaccines help mitigate the effects for most people. It may have been, statistically, the same % of people if they hadn't been vaccinated (sick vs. not noticeably sick) but I've seen what getting sick looks like in my family, and I'd rather gamble on vaccine effects 10-20 years down the road than go through what some members of my family have.

It gets back to the measels analogy. Its a vaccine that isnt 100% effective either but if enough people have been vaccinated it effectively knee caps the virus. It doesnt spread even though there is still a 4% chance of getting it. Same effectiveness as the Covid Virus. The , no offense of course, idiots who dont get vaccinated screw the pooch with Covid. When they eventually do get Covid they act as incubators and pump out new mutations which affect the rest of us , not idiots, who got vaccinated so that we wouldnt get it from idiots.

You don't think this bug is already endemic?

It is but if everyone got vaccinated it would essentially drop into the background with measels , mumps, rubella , typhus etc. It would still be out there but it would occur so rarely in humans it would make the news when someone did get it.

It gets back to the measels analogy. Its a vaccine that isnt 100% effective either but if enough people have been vaccinated it effectively knee caps the virus. It doesnt spread even though there is still a 4% chance of getting it. Same effectiveness as the Covid Virus. The , no offense of course, idiots who dont get vaccinated screw the pooch with Covid. When they eventually do get Covid they act as incubators and pump out new mutations which affect the rest of us , not idiots, who got vaccinated so that we wouldnt get it from idiots.

As long as we understand each other and you support my right to be an idiot, I'll support your right to be a DB on the internet. No offense of course.

Thanks to people like you, the already remote chance that I will get Covid becomes even more remote. Thank you for that.

It is but if everyone got vaccinated it would essentially drop into the background with measels , mumps, rubella , typhus etc. It would still be out there but it would occur so rarely in humans it would make the news when someone did get it.
What are the chances we could inoculate the entire earth's population though? Is there a possibility that this virus mutates at such a rate that by the time we did, new variants not covered by current vaccinations will have become prevalent enough to require modified vaccines?

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top