JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Charles C. Johnson‏@ChuckCJohnson 3h
News tip from law enforcement source: #MichaelBrown Brown was charged with 2nd degree murder as a juvenile. Confirming now... #Ferguson
12:08 PM - 18 Aug 2014
  1. 12:10 PM - 18 Aug 2014 &middot; <broken link removed>
    ' data-mentions="ChuckCJohnson">
    Kragar‏@Kragar_LGF 3h
    I guess your source is waiting for the check to clear before giving you your "scoop" @ChuckCJohnson
    Details Expand Collapse
  2. 12:11 PM - 18 Aug 2014 &middot; <broken link removed>
    wmHiBm9t_bigger.jpeg Marques‏@KillaMarq 3h
    @ChuckCJohnson what does that have to do with what took place less than 10 days ago? Lol
    Details Expand Collapse
  3. 12:11 PM - 18 Aug 2014 &middot; <broken link removed>
    0f6132c64089a3ab0284b85835f9be94_bigger.jpeg The Vicious Babushka‏@viciousbabushka 3h
    Juvie records are sealed so what crime did u commit to obtain this info? @ChuckCJohnson #Ferguson
    Details Expand Collapse
  4. 12:11 PM - 18 Aug 2014 &middot; <broken link removed>
    ' data-mentions="ChuckCJohnson cspanwj">
    Royal_20Palm_20Beach-West_20Jupiter-20120403-00070_bigger.jpg Tillman 40 ‏@Tillman_40 3h
    "@ChuckCJohnson: News tip from law enforcement source: Brown was charged with 2nd degree murder as a juvenile. ? Ferguson" @cspanwj
    Details Expand Collapse
  5. 12:12 PM - 18 Aug 2014 &middot; <broken link removed>
    <broken link removed> <broken link removed>
    @ChuckCJohnson bubblegum, you really are a stupid as you sound.
    <broken link removed>
  6. 12:12 PM - 18 Aug 2014 &middot; <broken link removed>
    2afba5267fc395d48230ee207f54f699_bigger.png lawhawk‏@lawhawk 3h
    @ChuckCJohnson A reputable journalist confirms before making uncorroborated assertions; but you're not reputable, nor a journalist
    Details Expand Collapse
  7. 12:12 PM - 18 Aug 2014 &middot; <broken link removed>
    ' data-mentions="viciousbabushka ChuckCJohnson">
    fUqosfAk_bigger.jpeg Kragar‏@Kragar_LGF 3h
    Aren't anonymous sources the bestest things ever? @viciousbabushka @ChuckCJohnson
    Details Expand Collapse
  8. 12:12 PM - 18 Aug 2014 &middot; <broken link removed>
    CuzO1EUk_bigger.jpeg Olivia Nuzzi‏@Olivianuzzi 3h
    @ChuckCJohnson always good to Tweet first and confirm later.
    Details Expand Collapse
  9. 12:14 PM - 18 Aug 2014 &middot; <broken link removed>
    mwnl9trl_bigger.jpeg Brandy Zadrozny‏@BrandyZadrozny <broken link removed>
    Nice journalism. Tweet, then confirm MT @ChuckCJohnson source: #MichaelBrown charged with 2nd degree murder as a juvenile. Confirming now...
    <broken link removed>

10. BvV_tj_CAAEGFhF.png

12:15 PM - 18 Aug 2014 &middot; <broken link removed> Flag media Flagged <broken link removed>
    ' data-mentions="ChuckCJohnson" data-card-type="photo">
    Wyatt Torosian‏@BltProofDiction 2h
    @ChuckCJohnson this is gonna be good... pic.twitter.com/rPJYtqPipX
    Details View photo Hide photo
  11. 12:15 PM - 18 Aug 2014 &middot; <broken link removed>
    [img class="avatar js-action-profile-avatar" alt="" src="https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/378800000084566285/814682d58d12f38f33ba5162494b4fc9_bigger.png">Xee Jay‏@XeeJay2 2h
    @ChuckCJohnson What the bubblegum does that have to do with a 18yr that was murdered by a Police Officer!.
    Details Expand Collapse
  12. 12:16 PM - 18 Aug 2014 &middot; <broken link removed>
    ' data-mentions="Kragar_LGF viciousbabushka ChuckCJohnson">
    morningfog_bigger.jpg justa farmer‏@justafarmer4 2h
    Bet it's one of those rapsheet crimes from before he was born. Remember that bombshell "news"? @Kragar_LGF @viciousbabushka @ChuckCJohnson
    Details Expand Collapse
  13. 12:16 PM - 18 Aug 2014 &middot; <broken link removed>
    ' data-mentions="viciousbabushka ChuckCJohnson">
    d713ef74b72f36918ca4c5abd5d3a95a_bigger.jpeg sk45202‏@sk45202 2h
    @viciousbabushka @ChuckCJohnson he's got something in his profile about an IRS 'scandal' so cleeeeearly, he's a loon.
    Details Expand Collapse
  14. 12:17 PM - 18 Aug 2014 &middot; <broken link removed>
    ' data-mentions="ChuckCJohnson maggiethecat27">
    tpgbAEUz_bigger.jpeg Lola Martinez‏@RN_Lola <broken link removed>
    @ChuckCJohnson <broken link removed> Not the gentle giant!
    <broken link removed>
  15. 12:18 PM - 18 Aug 2014 &middot; <broken link removed>
    <broken link removed> 2h
    News tip : @ChuckCJohnson raped my babies.... awaiting confirmation
    Details Expand Collapse
  16. 12:18 PM - 18 Aug 2014 &middot; <broken link removed>
    ' data-mentions="ChuckCJohnson barneykeller">
    default_profile_0_bigger.png HarmonKillebrew‏@HarmonBrew 2h
    @ChuckCJohnson @barneykeller That won't stop the rioting and looting.
    Details Expand Collapse
AYoHc7Yq_bigger.jpeg 5212b17630004202157a1c0cbe1e6a16_bigger.jpeg

And as I've already stated, I don't disagree with that going on. But being armed and prepared for certain events - events that don't happen on a day to day basis, is a far cry different from being a "police state". Several comments have been made that we are in a police state now. I am asking for evidence that that is the case. Let's consider the definition of "police state" (taken from Merriam-Webster online):

a political unit characterized by repressive governmental control of political, economic, and social life usually by an arbitrary exercise of power by police and especially secret police in place of regular operation of administrative and judicial organs of the government according to publicly known legal procedures

I'm still waiting to hear some evidence that this is what we're living under. Because if it's happening, it certainly isn't obvious. Last I checked, we're still a democracy, not a dictatorship (regardless of what some people's opinions may be on the subject). We've got a ways to go before we reach that level. I just don't see the evidence that we're here now. I'm open to hearing it if someone has some good conclusive proof.

<broken link removed>

Study concludes citizens are not relevant, have no power.

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-echochambers-27074746

Princeton study concludes America is an oligarchy--democracy is gone.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...efuses-to-deny-spying-on-members-of-congress/

If NSA/intelligence community spies on Congress (your elected representatives) then who runs the gov?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

Study concludes that incompetent people are not aware they are incompetent.

<broken link removed>

Study concludes citizens are not relevant, have no power.

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-echochambers-27074746

Princeton study concludes America is an oligarchy--democracy is gone.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...efuses-to-deny-spying-on-members-of-congress/

If NSA/intelligence community spies on Congress (your elected representatives) then who runs the gov?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

Study concludes that incompetent people are not aware they are incompetent.

Nothing you've linked here gives any credence to the claim that we are living in a "police state". Read the thread, we've been talking about a "police state", yet you quote studies about the rich guiding the decisions. That doesn't make us a police state. Go back and read the definition of "police state" - it doesn't say a thing about oligarchy or the rich. Your link #3 provides no proof, yet you draw a conclusion that isn't demonstrated by the information you provide.

As for the last link, what's your point? That some people are misinformed? Because that's not what the Dunning-Kruger Effect is about - that's about incompetence which is simply the inability to do something successfully. If you are suggesting that people here are living in a police state yet aren't aware of it - that just doesn't fly, and it hardly fits with the D-K effect. Look at people that really live in police states around the world - people that have limited or no freedoms - they certainly don't own any guns - and they don't have the right to vote - unless of course they vote the way they're told to at the end of the barrel of a gun - those people, regardless of how intelligent they may be, certainly are under no illusion that they live in a police state.

You can go back and read what I've already posted in this thread (so I don't have to type it again). Please explain to me how the fact that more and more states are making it easier for people to own and carry guns, could be happening in a true police state. Police states start by the disarming of their citizens. And while there are some doing their best to restrict those rights here, they are a LONG way from actually disarming us.

Contrary to etrain's claims, in fact the links show:

-you live in an oligarchy not a democracy (this means you are ruled)
-your "vote" is meaningless, it does not effect outcome in any way, shape or form
-people who are incompetent do not generally realize they are incompetent

We could provide further links proving facts like:

-you are surveilled 24/7
-NSA spies on Congress
-banks stole all your money and you just haven't realized it yet
-NDAA allows for your execution without trial or evidence
-Patriot Act allows for the building a domestic police force not subject to checks/balances
-NDAA allows for all your property to be seized with no justification nor explanation

For those competent folks viewing the thread remember: 2+2 still equals 4 despite what the incompetent, willfully ignorant and deceitful try and tell you.

Contrary to etrain's claims, in fact the links show:

-you live in an oligarchy not a democracy (this means you are ruled)
-your "vote" is meaningless, it does not effect outcome in any way, shape or form
-people who are incompetent do not generally realize they are incompetent

We could provide further links proving facts like:

-you are surveilled 24/7
-NSA spies on Congress
-banks stole all your money and you just haven't realized it yet
-NDAA allows for your execution without trial or evidence
-Patriot Act allows for the building a domestic police force not subject to checks/balances
-NDAA allows for all your property to be seized with no justification nor explanation

For those competent folks viewing the thread remember: 2+2 still equals 4 despite what the incompetent, willfully ignorant and deceitful try and tell you.

Actually, I didn't make any 'claims', just stated what I know based on the information presented so far. I remain open to hearing more, if it can really be substantiated.

Just because you state something forcefully does not make you correct ;)

I stand by what I said. When I can get some real evidence that we are in a "police state", as previously defined, then maybe I'll be convinced. Angry assertions, rants or claims based on evidence that borders on conspiracy theory and nothing more really doesn't amount to real evidence for those that want to make an informed decision.

All I've seen so far are some areas of this country that need to be addressed. Does my vote really not count for anything? Funny, seems to me it counts in plenty of elections.

My only question will be this (then I'm done responding as I'm not going down this road) - if we're in a police state and it's so bad, why are you still here? Why haven't you moved on somewhere else if all is lost? It always surprises me when some people claim they are the only ones that are truly "informed" and all the rest of us are just idiots. That's where I end the discussion.

If my neighbors' home was being looted while they were away I would not confront the looters. I'm not putting my wife or myself in danger over someone else's stuff.
I'd probably film them and call the police though in a looting situation they'd probably never respond.
Situation would dictate whether I go to work. I probably would not go out shopping as I keep two footlockers of food in the garage, extra propane, and fuel.
I really wouldn't have a reason to go out and in that type of situation it would be inviting trouble to do so.
I always open carry as I believe it helps to deter crime. I would definitely open carry if looters were about.
What would stop the looters from looting your house next ? Stand for something or fall for anything.

What would stop the looters from looting your house next ? Stand for something or fall for anything.
Wow, this thread just went back to the topic LOL! Got nothing further to add, just thought that was kinda neat.
BTW I'm not a topic Nazi and have been known to stray off course a lot, so carry on as you wish!

Yeah, see that's not how it works. I clearly said if there is nobody home I'm not going over there for stuff.
Why would I leave my elevated position in a building I know better than anybody to grope my way through a house I've only been in once.
That's smart.
One guy against how many? C'mon. Stand for something or fall for anything sounds cool until you apply it to something outside of a movie.
I have actually been in gunfights. At one point in my life we used to seek them out. Now I avoid them.
Thanks for questioning my beliefs and ethical code though.

Yeah, see that's not how it works. I clearly said if there is nobody home I'm not going over there for stuff.
Why would I leave my elevated position in a building I know better than anybody to grope my way through a house I've only been in once.
That's smart.
One guy against how many? C'mon. Stand for something or fall for anything sounds cool until you apply it to something outside of a movie.
I have actually been in gunfights. At one point in my life we used to seek them out. Now I avoid them.
Thanks for questioning my beliefs and ethical code though.
Preach it, Gecko45! lol

[QU

="OLDNEWBIE, post: 1139392, member: 7761"]This guy thinks he was justified.http://fox2now.com/2014/08/11/video-protester-justifies-the-looting-in-ferguson/[/QUOTE]
This guy is a product of the free lunch society (welfare) and his parent didn't knock any sense into him!!!
This generation of losers are destined to fail just as past freebie policy takers!!!!

[QU

="OLDNEWBIE, post: 1139392, member: 7761"]This guy thinks he was justified.http://fox2now.com/2014/08/11/video-protester-justifies-the-looting-in-ferguson/
This guy is a product of the free lunch society (welfare) and his parent didn't knock any sense into him!!!
This generation of losers are destined to fail just as past freebie policy takers!!!![/QUOTE]

Yeah but him and his kind are taking the rest of the Country down the drain for good this time I'm thinking.

Last Edited:
This generation of losers are destined to fail just as past freebie policy takers!!!!

Yeah but him and his kind are taking the rest of the Country down the drain for good this time I'm thinking.[/QUOTE]

I'm more inclined to give them a choice of
1) stay here buck up, get a job, stop being a criminal & become a productive member of society or
2) a one way ticket to any other country of their choice with a stipulation that you are never allowed to return to America, period!!!

He finally made it to youtube!
He is a likeable fellow somehow despite his smiling admission to being there "with the community" as the
convenient store was looted and burned. What was it like for the clerks as the mayhem ensued? The one clerk said they thought they were gonna die!
The media keeps saying that a lot of outsiders are causing the trouble and I'm sure that's true. But he was a local. I'm sure there's plenty of good people in Ferguson and I feel sorry for them. They should report the looters they know.

Yeah but him and his kind are taking the rest of the Country down the drain for good this time I'm thinking.

I'm more inclined to give them a choice of
1) stay here buck up, get a job, stop being a criminal & become a productive member of society or
2) a one way ticket to any other country of their choice with a stipulation that you are never allowed to return to America, period!!![/QUOTE]
I dont know why this is not used more often, just strip these buggers of their citizen ship. all these bastards going off to fight in Iraq, strip them if their citizen ship and revoke the passports. Make em come through Mexico, like the rest of them.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews