Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

A small taste of WROL in Ferguson, Missouri

Discussion in 'Education & Training' started by OLDNEWBIE, Aug 12, 2014.

1. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

Places looted,
    So far:
    ** QuickTrip
    ** Walmart
    ** Kmart
    ** County Shoe Carnival
    ** Foot Locker
    ** PNC Bank
    ** Hibbetts Sports
    ** Beauty Supply and Wig Store
    ** Family Dollar
    ** Boost Mobile
    ** DTLR
    ** Taco Bell
    ** Remy Beauty Supply
    ** Cricket Wireless
    ** Phillips 66
    ** Energy Express
    ** Pawn Shop
    ** Target
    ** JC Wireless
    ** Firestone
    ** Dollar General
    ** Up N Up Fashion
    ** Several Burglaries
    ** T-Mobile
    ** Second QuikTrip
    ** Shoe Carnival in South St. Louis City
    Have all been hit by looters.

If this was happening in your town would you be going to work, shopping traveling around open carrying? What would you do if you or your neighbors house/ business was being looted? what if no one was in danger, they were away, just property? Would you confront them?

nwwoodsman likes this.
  2. OLDNEWBIE

:s0004:My strong stance would be of course, ...it depends.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
    BoonDocks36 likes this.
  3. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

.. But you guys, these young kids are entitled to all that stuff.. Because they too are "kept down" by
    "the man" and this is their way of sticking it to said "man".

Its one of the genuine excuses Ive heard.. Buckshot to the faces of all these scumbags looters would be a nice and prompt halt to the looting. :)

BoonDocks36, U201491, Stomper and 6 others like this.
  4. Nick Burkhardt

Nick Burkhardt NE Oregon Well-Known Member

5. RicInOR

RicInOR Washington County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

The break down of our normal social order is being played out in Ferguson, MO right now.

There are many things which can spark these incidents - the Rodney King verdict for example, winning a league championship as another. When they start to drag on, as in this case, you need to ask yourself can you hunker in place - whether that is at work or home.

I think this is a good mental exercise

6. WashCoDad

WashCoDad Beanerton Active Member

Fight with cop = prepare to get shot.
    Not sure why folks dont understand this.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
    Sgt Nambu likes this.
  7. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

8. decklin

decklin WA Well-Known Member

If my neighbors' home was being looted while they were away I would not confront the looters. I'm not putting my wife or myself in danger over someone else's stuff.
    I'd probably film them and call the police though in a looting situation they'd probably never respond.
    Situation would dictate whether I go to work. I probably would not go out shopping as I keep two footlockers of food in the garage, extra propane, and fuel.
    I really wouldn't have a reason to go out and in that type of situation it would be inviting trouble to do so.
    I always open carry as I believe it helps to deter crime. I would definitely open carry if looters were about.

Babyshark and 156256Hunter like this.
  9. OLDNEWBIE

Yeah decklin I'm pretty much with you except for the open carry during unrest. With on edge trigger happy cops around I might want to be more low profile. If they don't shoot you they may try to take it away from you, which could get you shot.

Also one of the law breaking looters might just like what you are open carrying and figure it's time to upgrade his old P.O.S. stolen 9mm. If the punk is patient, he's going to get you unaware at some point and kill you for your higher end firearm.

Maybe a compromise tactic, open carry for easy access with your shirt half hanging over to somewhat obscure what you have? If you really find it necessary to roam around that is!

Better to stay at home or business armed and ready with your weapon of choice in hand!, and stay away from the chaos if you can. It ain't worth it.

10. wichaka

wichaka Wa State Well-Known Member

I would hope the store owners would stand their ground and protect their investment, I would encourage that.

Can't understand why folks take their frustrations out on the innocent.

So who's doing most if not all the looting?

11. The Heretic

The Heretic Oregon Well-Known Member

Well first, I am well outside of any town - the nearest town is ten minutes down the mountain and is a sleepy little college town - for the most part.

The most likely place for this to happen would be Portland, which I commute to every day. If it was bad enough for me to carry, I just wouldn't go, I would work from home.

If for some reason some bad guys were up here on the mountain looting, you betcha I would be out there with a long gun loaded for bear, and a handgun as a backup, so would most of my neighbors.

Why?

Pretty simple actually; when they finish with my neighbors, they will be coming for my place. Best to hit them there than at home. Also, I know my neighbors would do the same for me for the same reasons. When you and your neighbors are all you got, you stick together.

This happened at the base of the mountain just the other day:

http://www.oregonlive.com/washingtoncounty/index.ssf/2014/08/man_crashes_jeep_near_scholls.html

I drive by this farm every evening.

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  12. OLDNEWBIE

The usual suspects.

robertg and gunfreak like this.
  13. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

There's your news media for you! The gentlemans wife said several times that her husband fired into the ground attempting to prevent the, alleged, (useless, drunken, POS (my words) driver from backing into their home. As much truth as you'll ever get from the Oregonian!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  14. OLDNEWBIE

I might interrupt them somehow at a distance, (a little noise to scare them off, a warning that the police are coming, or they've been spotted) but I'm not confronting. Not for property anyway.

15. forefathersrback

forefathersrback Central Oregon Well-Known Member

Neighbors, I would intervene. Most of them are older, and have not armed themselves for some unknown reason. as far as businesses, maybe. But WAL~MART Hells NO! They don't have any American made products. So I would drive by and :D at that one!

16. The Heretic

The Heretic Oregon Well-Known Member

Walmart isn't my neighbor and won't be put out of business by some looting - not that this justifies looting, naturally it doesn't, but there is a difference in what I am willing to risk to protect my neighbors because we are a community and whether I would be willing to protect a huge corporation owned by billionaires who don't want to pay their employees a livable wage.

So if someone tries to take down a neighbors business - such as the general store down the road that I used to shop at as a kid and has been there for four generations of my family - sure, I would probably step up.

If we don't stick together we will go down together, because after they take down my neighbors house/business they will be coming to visit me.

17. Norm0931

Norm0931 Hillsboro, OR Sgt. Sheep Silver Vendor 2016 Volunteer

Exactly, they are looting small locally owned businesses mostly. Small businesses never really recover from things like that. So, in their genius, they are further destroying the lives of each other in their own community. Not to mention that 99% of them don't give 2 bubblegums about the kid who died. It's 1) An excuse to steal, 2) an excuse for Al Sharpton to try to retain his importance (dude has dementia and still thinks it's the 60s/70s.), and 3) an excuse to "get back at the man" that whenever things are bad the democrats tell them it's because of evil rich republicans. Little do people know of ActBlue, the funnel for billionaires to buy democrats.

OLDNEWBIE likes this.
  18. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

Taco Bell? lol. that looting must be hungry work.
    Surprised they didn't try the Korean restaurant next door. lol

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  19. MikeSettles

MikeSettles Vancouver, Washington Active Member

I looked it up: Ferguson is a suburb of St Louis; has ~21,000 population (2010 census) in 6.2 square miles; ~48% Black, 28% white.
    From news footage, there seem to be a lot more people, both protesters and police, than the community-size should support. This means to me that both protesters and police are coming from outside in order to participate in the mayhem. (Just now, FNC "Outnumbered" is saying the same thing about the protesters.)

20. Sincere

Sincere Between Cascadia and Jefferson Active Member

Heck no I wouldn't open carry. Have you seen the fully militarized cops out there?

There's pictures of them putting laser sights on people's chests who are standing in their own yards.

There are videos of them tear gassing people peacefully protesting in their own backyards behind fences.

Of course the gun crowd here will focus on just the looters. Yet another opportunity for you guys to spew your barely veiled racist sentiments.

Meanwhile most of you will overlook the paramilitary nature of our police state and the absolutely un-American behavior of blockading and attacking the free press in the area. This isn't Israel or China.

soberups and Michael Js like this.