JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We just drew up the final plans for our new bar in PDX. Look slike we might be open by summer.

I decided I want a small, easily concealed pistol to carry while I am at work. I already have a Rohrbaugh, but I wanted something hammerless in case I ever needed to fire from inside a pocket. The Rohrbaugh is also one of those guns that is so expensive you hate to carry it everyday in a work environment.

I just bought a Kahr CW9 this weekend and took it to the range. I was so impressed with this little gun that I think I have gone a bit "Kahr Krazy." I found myself at my dealer today looking at the Kahr PM9 to carry inside my vest at work (the uniform is black pants, shirt, and vest).

They had a used one there so I could fondle it. I really liked how it felt so I went ahead and ordered a new one. This gun is so small and thin...as well as super light. I am anxious for it to arrive. I can't wait to try it out at the range. If I like it half as much as the CW9 I will love it. :)

Not to worry, you will like the PM9. You will find it amazingly easy to shoot considering it's size and weight. Compare it with the Rohrbaugh in that department. The PM9 was designed for individuals of discriminating taste and of somewhat flexible budget, such as ourselves. Moreover, these small autos are perfect for those of us who need to present ourselves publicly as gentlemen to the wider world of those who don't quite yet get it and probably never will.

Disregard the disdain of some for the earlier editions of this model when it perhaps not-quite- ready-in-the-reliability aspect. That was then. This is now. Like I said.....not to worry.

Try it appendix style in a CompTac "Two O'Clock" (if you are not adverse to IWB) beneath your vest. If the CompTac price puts you off at first, try a cheap Desantis pocket holster stuffed into the waistband appendix-style to get the general feel for appendix style carry for a piece of this size and weight. Buy a Desantis Nemisis one way or the other....pocket carry is always a good option to have in your bag of tricks. Go thru you usual range of motions in the workplace and see what you think. A real holster designed for appendix carry (e.g. the Two O'Clock) would be your next step up.

If you don't like appendix....... again, not to worry. It is easy to pocket carry, as far as shootable 9mm autos go. Easier and less revealing than a J frame and really just about as light. We can see from your posts that you are a man of the J frame persuasion.

It's about time we got another Kahr fanboi around here.

Disregard the disdain of some for the earlier editions of this model when it perhaps not-quite- ready-in-the-reliability aspect. That was then. This is now. Like I said.....not to worry.
I avoided polymer Kahr's for a long time because of issues with the early models. I have owned an MK40 for quite some time, but just did not trust it's plastic siblings. After a few years of seeing people I know and trust on the boards sing their praises, and seeing all the negative comments sink to repeats of old stories and second hand innuendo, I decided it was time to give them a try. So far I am very glad I did. :)

PS: I completely understand what you mean about presenting yourself as a gentleman. Even if no one else sees it, what you are carrying has a psychological effect on your own bearing. :)

I've shot a PM9 at the rental range a few times and really liked it. Haven't pulled the trigger on one yet - not sure why. I'd probably be better off with one than other guns I own.

I tried the PM9 out when I used to work for a Kahr dealer and my feeling was "meh" at best. The price is not justified in my opinion, though, it is a nice gun.

After hearing the owner of Kahr stat he decided on "Kahr" for the name of his company, "Because is sounded German." What?

Very nice guns if you can get them cheap enough and they are very reliable but that's just my opinion.

BTW, wish I had a Robar!

I am not sure I believe you actually bought a Kahr? You know the old stories with out pictures it is just a story :)

Come on show it off!
It will be awhile before I can show off the PM9. I had to order it and none of the distributors had it in stock. It appears this little gun is quite popular these days.

I will have a video soon of my new CW9. :)

I love my Kahr P9! It was my first handgun. Took me a couple hundred rounds to get it to be malfunction free, though looking back now, it probably had more to do with the operator than the gun. Had the opportunity to sell it, but decided to hold onto it. It's so comfortable to carry and very accurate. Definitely would trust it to function reliably in a self defense situation.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top