JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A Severe Weather Alert has been issued in your area...

<broken link removed> .. Your Current Severe RADAR MAP Link
Your local forecast link
Breaking General News Link
Airports Closed or Delayed
Excessive Heat Warning issued July 31 at 3:21PM PDT until August 04 at 11:00PM PDT by NWS Portland
<broken link removed> ==========================
Services Description
==========================
This service is provided at no cost to you.

1. Severe Weather Alerts that include current radar, weather conditions and forecast links.
2. In addition to alerts you may also receive daily AM and PM forecast information with a separate option to unsubscribe.
Account Options:
To make changes to your email profile go to www.emergencyemail.org click on the Update Link.

has been issued in your area...

<broken link removed> .. Your Current Severe RADAR MAP Link
Your local forecast link
Breaking General News Link
Airports Closed or Delayed
Excessive Heat Warning issued July 31 at 3:21PM PDT until August 04 at 11:00PM PDT by NWS Portland
<broken link removed> ==========================
Services Description
This service is provided at no cost to you.

1. Severe Weather Alerts that include current radar, weather conditions and forecast links.
2. In addition to alerts you may also receive daily AM and PM forecast information with a separate option to unsubscribe.
Account Options:
To make changes to your email profile go to www.emergencyemail.org click on the Update Link.

Hopefully the low humidity persists.
I just checked it and it's hovering in the low 22% range, which is really low for western Oregon.

But stuff like grass is gonna get dryer than a popcorn fart, and the fire danger will soar.
Be safe out there folks.

die.jpg

Ah you boys in WA got it easy. It MIGHT break 100 for one day. We get 4 days and one near 110. The owner of the company I work for is coming down Wednesday from Tacoma. I told him he couldn't have picked a better week for a visit. I'm sure it will be beer-thirty earlier than usual! :D

This weeks record HOT temperatures, (for us in SW OR USA) kinda reminds me of a very pleasant spring day in my old home town. The galactic garden and center of the universe ... wait for it ... ... Bakersfield California. And I am very sorry. :)

Very hot. Also very humid. Agriculture. Also very smoggy with horrible air quality. Not a nice town. But they still have a very good City Fire Department where I used to work, live and have fun driving a fire engine. Long ago, but not far away. :)

They needed the good fire department. Still do.

This weeks record temperatures, (for us in SW OR USA) kinda remind me of a pleasant spring day in my old home town. The galactic garden and center of the universe ... wait for it ... ... Bakersfield California. And I am sorry. :)

Very hot. Also very humid. Agriculture. Also very smoggy with horrible air quality. Not a nice town. But they still have a very good City Fire Department where I used to work, live and have fun driving a fire engine. Long ago, but not far away. :)

Since you were a firefighter, you get a free pass from being a Californian. ;)

Nice when there's 2 feet a snow and it's 26 degrees outside. A PITA when it's a hundred.

Oh yeah, in the winter it's awesome. But in the summer, in parts of the shop, it's at least 20 degrees warmer than it is outside. I feel like we should get extra 'hazard pay', kind of like 'combat pay', when it's over 100 degrees.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top