JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The "Weaver" grooves do not align for a one piece scope base spanning the receiver-handguard gap.
With the handguard in its rearmost position and in its most forward position against the gas block, the grooves do not sync with a one piece ring base.
Everything is Rock River.
I guess I will have to get a two piece base set.

Pictures would help but I think you need a one piece scope mount with more of an offset forward.
Not a good idea to mount an optic spanning the receiver to handguard gap. The Freedom Reaper mount is machined from billet aluminum and comes in a matte black anodized finish. Height is 1.38 above the rail and the mount has 3.8" of forward off-set. Each ring has four 6-40 x 5/8" long screws that use a 7/64" Allen wrench. The long screws allow for maximum thread engagement and the use of Loctite on the screws is strongly discouraged. You can get it in 1" or 30mm size scopes.
1673015138188.png
These are used to get the scope far enough forward for proper eye relief when shooting prone. Also the 1.38 inch height measured from the center of the scope to the top of the receiver copy's an A2 rear sight height. This allows for proper cheek weld on the stock. I have a couple of these on my competition Service Rifles that uses a NM A2 floated handguard.
1673016635962.png

Are you wanting to mount your scope across both the upper receiver and the handguard? If so that is generally not a good idea, as pressure put on the handguard can change the alignment of the scope.

You probably want a cantilevered scope mount (previous post has an example) or something like this (GG&G Fire Rail, or an ARMS Swan Sleeve)

GS-1_Optical_Mounting_Rail.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads