JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
:s0155::s0155::s0155:
he only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

All that is needed for the forces of evil to triumph is for enough good men to do nothing.

All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

In order for ‘evil’ to prevail, all that need happen is for ‘good’ people to do nothing.

All that is needed for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

The surest way for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

All it will take for evil to prevail is for good people to do nothing.

All that is necessary for the forces of evil to take root in the world is for enough good men to do nothing.

All that is needed for the forces of evil to succeed is for enough good men to remain silent.

All it takes for Evil to prevail in this world is for enough good men to do nothing.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
http://www.leefrank.com/9112001/into_war.html

Right. Our gun should go off ONLY if your life is threatened. Do not try to be a hero and shoot after somebody who robs a bank ... or a store.

I need to qualify the fact that I have not been here to this web site until recently. With out divulging into my personal life, this is one scenario I just have moral issues with. And it really churns my stomach when our laws have superseded good moral values. Don’t get me wrong, I’m right on with Ted Nugent.

But this only fire to save your own hide is just not right. My nightmare scenario is the store clerk being held up at gun point and I am in the back of the store.

I know these people! They gave my son his first job in life. I know them well. And I just don’t know if I could live with myself if I could stop one of them from getting killed. I think in ways of worst case scenario. There are horror stories of people getting killed by robbers. They are usually on drugs and just unpredictable. You just don’t know what the robber will do if they are presenting a deadly threat like a gun. I’m going to shoot the forker.

And this is a remote and isolated store miles from the main stream.

Right. Our gun should go off ONLY if your life is threatened. Do not try to be a hero and shoot after somebody who robs a bank ... or a store. If you can just disarm them and put them on their belly, without making your gun to go off ... that's OK ... otherwise you're in trouble. Remember the case with the guy in Gresham who shot after 2 store robbers ??? He got in trouble because he wanted his 15 minutes of fame.

I have to agree with jyerxa on this, but have to add a comment.
If I remember correctly, the 2 store robbers were making their get-a-way and were no longer a threat when Joe Citizen started shooting. For him to do that was a very bad move.
If I found myself in the same scenario that jyerxa stated, I'd shoot. There is a big "gray area" here, but for the most part, if I believe that someone's life is in danger and I can end that threat by shooting, I'll shoot.
Like I said, that's big gray area. Many exceptions to that rule.
So, lets tighten up the scenario. Someone's got my wife at knife or gun point. BANG! It wasn't my life, but there was no way in H E double tooth-picks I wasn't going to take action.

The law allows for the use of deadly force to preserve life, yours or someone else's.

As for the Gresham "robbers"---THEY WEREN'T ROBBERS!!! They were shoplifters who did a snatch and grab and ran out of the store. Robbery involves the use of force or threat of force to steal or retain stolen property. The "robbers" grabbed some merchandise, ran out of the store and got into a car. They were shoplifters. The guy with the CHL then proceeded to shoot at the fleeing automobile.

Ummmm Elsullo. It isn't enslavement when they're getting paid.

It sure as heck IS enslavement if they cannot REFUSE the invitation to go! Slaves even got "room and board" and a little spending money---but they were STILL SLAVES, and were not allowed to LEAVE.

Requiring enslavement to defend "liberty" is simply insane, and a betrayal of "liberty.".........................elsullo

It sure as heck IS enslavement if they cannot REFUSE the invitation to go! Slaves even got "room and board" and a little spending money---but they were STILL SLAVES, and were not allowed to LEAVE.

Requiring enslavement to defend "liberty" is simply insane, and a betrayal of "liberty.".........................elsullo

If you want to get technical, once you sign on the line you are a slave. And I would wager few who volunteer understand the reality that you vacate all your Constitutional rights and are subject to a whole new set of rules. You are a tool and should expect to be used hard and consider yourself expendable.

"I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you bubblegum with me, I’ll kill you all."
Sent to Iraqi tribal leaders after the Iraq invasion.

"You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for five years because they didn’t wear a veil. You know, guys like that ain’t got no manhood left anyway. So it’s a **** of a lot of fun to shoot them. Actually it’s quite fun to fight them, you know. It’s a **** of a hoot. It’s fun to shoot some people. I’ll be right up there with you. I like brawling."

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"

A few quotes I liked from Gen. James Mattis

"I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you bubblegum with me, I’ll kill you all."
Sent to Iraqi tribal leaders after the Iraq invasion.

"You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for five years because they didn’t wear a veil. You know, guys like that ain’t got no manhood left anyway. So it’s a **** of a lot of fun to shoot them. Actually it’s quite fun to fight them, you know. It’s a **** of a hoot. It’s fun to shoot some people. I’ll be right up there with you. I like brawling."

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"

A few quotes I liked from Gen. James Mattis

Oh I like that one!

It is absurd to require the slavery of conscription in order to defend an abstract "freedom"! Freedom can speak for itself, and if the call is honest then citizens will turn up.

Holy cr@p, we agreed on something other than guns are fun.

Heck must be awfully chilly today.

Its a good thing that Milton Friedman convinced Ronald Reagan to abolish the draft; because conscription is slavery.

Oh yeah, HAPPY NEW YEAR everybody.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Good News!! The Carson, WA shows are back!!
Carson, WA
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top