JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not that I appreciate this new game but it's far from a new concept. The 'Grand theft auto' game series that has at least 6 different releases over the years is entirely built around hitman/gang activity and at any point in time a player wants to they can go on a murdering spree throughout the city either running over civilians with a car or shooting them with any of the many gun options.

Do I think this new game is absolutely ridiculous, yes, but is it the first game to allow players to go on a mass killing spree, no.

Tough to say whether this dumb game would have a negative affect anymore than the media giving instant fame through constant 24/7 coverage to mass shooters and their lives/motives after one happens.

It's a matter of respect. There are some thing that you just don't do. Here "WE" are, on the verge of losing the 2nd Amendment, and here's (What ever these people are) capitalizing on the deaths of children in a far sicker way than the media and the anti's ever have! I wish to hell there could be an uprising among gamer's to say "Go To Hell" to the people that have the balls to put this stuff out.

One of the call of duty games has a level where you play as one of the terrorists in an airport massacre. This was years ago.

To the games credit, it does allow you to opt out of playing that level in the story progression.

There have been lots and lots of games where you play the phsyco killer and civilian stuff gain you points or whatever. I've played some of them and never felt the appeal or allure of acting it out IRL.

Just like criminals will be criminals, phsyco's will be phsyco's.

One thing to note, video games from large professional studios almost entirely exclude the ability to commit violence against children. Grand Theft Auto has no mior children in its playable world. As much as they push boundaries, these publishers have a red line and thats kids.

In the 90s there were games that poked fun at certain events - there was a game (2 actually becausr of sequels) called Goin' Postal. Then there were sillier ones like Redneck Rampage.

Creating a game to let you play as a school shooter is just sick and jumps across the line that mainstream game publishers will not.

As always, with violent video games parents should be cognizant of what they are buying for their kids and determine if their kids are capable of seperating fantasy from reality, and be involved in the kids life and push the kid to have other interactions vs just living on the game console or computer.

called Goin' Postal

I was just going to post about that game as I had remembered it while thinking of this thread.

There were a couple of games by RockStar that came out and it was a, how many people can you kill before gangs or police I think came for you. I don't recall kids being in it though.

Honestly, as much as I dislike the idea of a school shooting game, I feel like there wouldn't be one if the news didn't sensationalize the real world shootings like they do.

4 people get killed by a drunk teen in a car and it's in the local and maybe state wide news.

4 people get shot and it's on every channel and the radio with questions like "How do we stop school shootings???" - maybe by stop talking about it and letting teachers that want to carry a gun have one legally.

Preface: I'm a hardcore defender of the 1A. Alas, that even includes drivel like this.

Comment: As the husband of a school teacher (who was also a student at UCC when the shooting went down), a father of two children, and someone who would like to think of himself as an at least half-way decent human being, I find this "game" absolutely, positively, despicable. Whoever dreamed it up is one sick SOB. While they have the right to publish it, I find it troubling a big outfit like Steam would provide them a platform. Perhaps I should draft up a note to them tomorrow.

Sounds like a "lovely" game... ( Sarcasm )

The game would not have been made if someone thought it wouldn't sell....just what does that say about:
The company that made it and hopes to sell it...?
The "market" for the game itself...?
Where our society is , that a game like this , seems a good idea or one that is "sellable"...?

It may be the within the company's right to make a game like this...but I do hope that people "vote" with their wallet on this one...and the game quietly fades away due to lack of sales....
Andy

Sounds like a "lovely" game... ( Sarcasm )

The game would not have been made if someone thought it wouldn't sell....just what does that say about:
The company that made it and hopes to sell it...?
The "market" for the game itself...?
Where our society is , that a game like this , seems a good idea or one that is "sellable"...?

It may be the within the companies right to make a game like this...but I do hope that people "vote" with their wallet on this one...and the game quietly fades
away due to lack of sales....
Andy
May it rapidly turn in to vapor ware.

so many controversial video games over the years.

The first must have been Custer's Revenge in 1982 on the Atari. Your goal was to rape a native american, Leisure Suit Larry, GTA, Carmageddon, Bully, Postal, etc,etc

Now what they need to make is a game about my front lawn. And if some teenager walks onto my lawn instagraming or trying to catch pokemon or talking about Hot Topic I get to run out of the house and punch them in the nuts yelling "get off my damn lawn!"

:mad: Media is going to push ! All gun video game ban because of these idiots!

Never fly. Grand Theft Auto 5/GTA Online is the highest grossing video game of all time, with profits over 6 BILLION dollars. The gaming industry will never allow such a ban to go thru. Shooter type games are the most popular, far and away, be it milsim stuff, adventure shooters, or mayhem like GTA and Saints Row.

Adults are the highest targeted gamer market now, not kids. Adults don't want to play Mario Brothers when they can frag n00bs in Call of Duty or GTA online.

The guy that developed this, as tasteless as it may be, is just cashing out... and he just got a whole lot of free publicity.
Now he'll change it to where you can only play as a SWAT, or a Civillian Sheepdog to appeal to more people(or not).. then smile all the way to the bank... gun grabbers exploit tragedy all the time... this guy is just following suit.

If memory serves, DHS and Education Department commissioned a game like this to use as a training tool--the idea was that if you can learn how a bad guy thinks, you can identify their weak points and exploit those to stop them. We did something similar Live Action at my alma mater with Airsoft...

"As a successful murder-mystery author, I am highly paid to Think Like A Bad Guy!"--Richard Castle

Hey, its a game. Its being sold for money. Its based on tragedies. Nothing sells like a tragedy and controversy.

Do I support the game? Not at all. But it is what it is. Our media makes folk heroes out of shooters which makes more shootings, we'd be kidding ourselves if we thought something like this would never happen. People are going to capitalize tragedy and controversy. A lot just had some standards, some don't. The bar is being lowered, not raised.

While I think such a game is awful, disrespectful, and downright sickening; it was bound to happen. And we do have the 1st Amendment. The media has been cashing in on it and making more shooters, only difference is this is a game. Both the media and this developer are bad, but it is what it is.

Steam came out and said the creator is already banned from publishing on their platform for past violations.

Game will not be sold though steam which is the biggest sales platform for independent developers.

Edit auto correct

I heard on the radio yesterday (briefly) that the game is being pulled from release, but it was because the Russian dude who developed it has a bad reputation for ripping people off (or something to that effect).

Sneaky bubblegumming Russians! :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads