JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Might want to edit the title to read correctly (2014 rather than 2004).

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

"People have been lining up early in the morning at the state Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection's headquarters in Middletown in recent days to turn in applications for assault weapons certificates and high-capacity magazine declaration forms so they can legally keep the items."

Here in lies the problems with this (or any) states gun/people control laws:
1) The agencies names are far too confusing, emergency and protection in the same header, is this like Planned Parenthood???
2) Assault weapons are locked up in armories on military bases, are they not???
3) High capacity magazines are a farce, they are called STANDARD CAPACITY MAGAZINES, are they not???
4) Any government forced registration of any guns will lead to confiscation at a latter date, will it not???
5) You and I know that any of these Liberal "GUN/PEOPLE CONTROL" will have little if NO EFFECT on crime, do we not???

TPTB would really put feathers in their caps if they would vigorously concentrate massive amounts of effort on crazy/criminal control!!!

The Bill of Rights and Our Freedoms being stepped on again.

We The People just keep letting it happen. Unbelievable!

Maybe the Bill of Rights should be renamed the Bill of Permissions? We can exercise our 2nd permission if we register our firearms and magazines?

Who would scramble to register?!
Registration most certainly leads to confiscation.
F*** that, its on.

No one will dare tell me I cant keep the things Ive legally paid for in the past. And Im sure as hell not going to beg or plead with those tyrants to ask for thier permission.
You want it, try and take it. Fair warning, the first few through the door seeking to take my property and violate my rights are dead men.

Might want to edit the title to read correctly (2014 rather than 2004).

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

I can edit my post, but I can't edit the title for some reason.

You have to click on advanced when in edit mode

Thank you, now I know how it's done.

The only way I know that we can effectively make changes in our laws are by voting or lawsuits. We have to be effective in getting citizens to vote for our cause, I know we have members on this board that are not registered voters, but readily voiced their opinion, but talking about it online whining and moaning is just unproductive. Lets vote go out there and vote.
Washington will more than likely have two new initiative on the ballot in November 2014 that will or will not impact the current "gun law" in our state. I used to live in King County, and I know how many of them are gun owners, none are registered voters and they keep on complaint about new taxes, ordinances, laws and elected officials that are being passed or voted into office, and yet none of them are registered to vote.

2014 election year will have a momentous implications on the citizenry of this great country.

Let us have a campaign here on NWFA. Let us have a goal of 100% members of this site, their families, friends and neighbors to be a registered voter by the November elections. It is approximately 11 months away, enough time, to not have an excuse to be not a registered voter by November 2014.

I know Oregon have your own challenges ahead also.

Let us have Olympia and Salem know our voices, let our voices be heard in the ballot box.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top