JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
He cannot, and will not ever be replaced.....the memories I've got branded into my heart and soul, have Merle singing in the background. A Master poet....
Now we've lost, Johnny, Waylon, Merle, George, and soon enough, Willie.
In my book, they define country "western" music.

I'm a BIG Joe Nichols fan. He's got a Merle voice. But the next "great" one is Eric Church. He will be spoken about for years and years to come, like Merle. Kind of. He has songs with meaning. THAT is unheard of anymore.

It would not be hyperbole to say Merle, along with Willie, saved my soul many a time when I was broken.

RIP Merle, you will be missed but never forgotten.

Yes, his was real country music not this bubblegum (I wrote bubblegum and mean it) pop country BS that plagues the sceen today. Merle Haggard, that was a real name not Colt or dirks or some other pretty boy wannabe chit.
After the people that sang on the acm awards Sunday night, I'm sure it took his last breathes away. With disgust

I didn't watch/listen to ANY of it, but I know you're right.

I grew up with Grand Funk, The Who, moody Blues, and the likes but country was always there and appreciated. While traveling, especially going to the dive bars in Wyoming, Montana and Idaho. when we hit 18-19.

Now days my loading music is Bee-bop/sock-hop, Golden Oldies and REAL "Country Oldies". Once I get to mid '70s country starts going in the crapper! I'm talking original country.

I'm a BIG Joe Nichols fan. He's got a Merle voice. But the next "great" one is Eric Church. He will be spoken about for years and years to come, like Merle. Kind of. He has songs with meaning. THAT is unheard of anymore.

I saw EC a few years ago in a club for like $10. There was like 20 people there and I knew he was going to be great.

RIP Merle

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top