JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Found this on a U.S. blog that translates Chinese news articles and blog posts, with the associated comments. (It's designed to give us a little window into what everyday people think in China). Putting aside their philosophizing, it's interesting to see how closely they parallel ours, despite our cultural differences and their general lack of exposure to firearms...

Link, w/ pictures and video.

The story:

July 6, around 8pm at night, a man on Zhannan Road robbing another man met resistance, and fled after stabbing the male victim with the pair of scissors. Afterward, the suspect armed with the scissor held a female victim passing by until 9:30 at night when a plain-clothes policewoman seized an opportunity, fired 4 consecutive shots, and he was shot dead at the scene. The hostage was successfully freed.

A response:

"Firing three more shots, was it to completely finish the robber or for the hostage's extreme safety?

The story of the brave policewoman was everyone in the media today. I have doubts. What I think is that one shot had already done the job. If it is about being on the safe side, after one shot, wouldn't she have run forth and kicked away the robber's weapon? If it really is like this, then she really is a hero: One decisive shot, kicking away the weapon, is brave, saving the hostage itself is of course heroic."

Responses to the response:

"Hostage-takers are utterly evil, and reason demands that they be shot dead.
Hostage-takers are not bad people? Are you the robber's partner in crime?
The robber did not respect life, and the moment he himself created a situation where it was his life or the hostage's life, no one is going to protect his bullbubblegum life."

"If you want to be commended, it is still better to fire off a few more shots. If [the criminal] is not shot dead on the spot, then the public treasury will be wasted again [on trials]."

"Handgun versus scissors, falling over and then firing 3 more shots...
Fascism has returned."

etc.

Heres a good response from that link:

"I just want to say, if she were self-confident about her marksmanship, then one shot would be enough to disarm the robber’s ability to harm others.
If she were not self-confident about her marksmanship, then every shot of her’s was made under the possibility of harming the hostage.
You can say that any one of China’s police are expert marksmen, but I am not going to believe it."

one shot my ***, that guy signed his life away the moment he took a hostage.
Thats just my opinion of course.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads