JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a suggestion thread. If you like the idea, use the up arrow to the right of the first post to upvote. Suggestions with more votes get higher priority.
Reactions
Currently if you block/ignore someone it not only hides their content from you, it also hides your content from them. It should not do this, if they do not wish to see your content they have a block/ignore button of their own. If your content is hidden from them it can make it more difficult for them to continue participating in conversations that other people are having on the topic, as they will be missing half the context of that conversation. This allows someone to fragment small sections of the community without the consent of other members by making certain conversations almost entirely opaque to the blocked member. This should not be a possible function of the block/ignore feature, and for this reason I think that that feature should be one way only. If you block/ignore someone you will not see their content, but they will still have full visibility of yours. They will still be able to quote and interact with that content in order to participate in the conversation with other members, but you will not be alerted to or see any of that content (including not being able to see their quotes by other members, just as it works now). This would reduce the power of the ignore button to fragment the community and would reduce the impact on the blocked user.

For those that like not seeing the content of those that have ignored them, there could be an "automatically ignore back" option on the user profile that would maintain the current functionality.

Last Edited:
Sasquatch!
My latest photoshoot, down on the White River near Stevenson...

Sasquatch.JPG

The Jon Phillips Studio does some awesome work, don'cha think?

Personally I do not see the point to ignoring anyone.

I interpret it as a selfish, insecurity based action by which it gives the person his or her own select group that he or she 'identifies' with and they do not have to see anything that might 'affect' them personally.

Kind of like 'what I can't see cant hurt me' thing.
I ignore monkey butt. Life is better without that bug on my windshield.

He had me blocked for a while, but he musta had a change of heart, cuz now I can see his posts. I think he still has @Flopsweat blocked...
Hes got me blocked, which is why the politics thread looked so messed up to me for a while. That was the point I learned that them blocking you caused holes in your feed. . .

Floppy and Nosferatu being the great friends that they are provide me the laziest example of how weird this all gets

Incognito:
1713578439791.png

logged in:
1713578478255.png

I don't even get to see the quotes from someone who has me blocked. This does not make sense to me.

Floppy and Nosferatu being the great friends that they are provide me the laziest example of how weird this all gets

Incognito:
View attachment 1866153

logged in:
View attachment 1866154

I don't even get to see the quotes from someone who has me blocked. This does not make sense to me.
:s0140:

Just having fun with you. When I unblocked you, replied and then blocked again, I could see your post in my quote in my other browser (don't need Incognito if you have multiple browsers installed). Weird bug but probably just transitory.

1713579079788.png

:s0140:

Just having fun with you. When I unblocked you, replied and then blocked again, I could see your post in my quote in my other browser (don't need Incognito if you have multiple browsers installed). Weird bug but probably just transitory.

View attachment 1866159
You're back! I am so happy. You have no idea how distraught I was. It was cycles of depression and angst for the whole 15 minutes you were gone!

And yeah, I am not surprised there may be some bugs with the whole removal process. Did you try refreshing the page in that other browser? I would think once the backend database for the forum got the block update it would reflect pretty consistently everywhere.

You're back! I am so happy. You have no idea how distraught I was. It was cycles of depression and angst for the whole 15 minutes you were gone!

And yeah, I am not surprised there may be some bugs with the whole removal process. Did you try refreshing the page in that other browser? I would think once the backend database for the forum got the block update it would reflect pretty consistently everywhere.

I didn't try anything. It was an uninteresting bug, and I don't work here. 😉 :D

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads