JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a suggestion thread. If you like the idea, use the up arrow to the right of the first post to upvote. Suggestions with more votes get higher priority.
Reactions
Is there anyway the ignore thread could be amended to show comments and simply not allow people to quote, tag or respond? I know some here really like and appreciate the ignore thread. My only issue is when someone has me on ignore I can no longer see their comments, which is fine but it makes following certain threads a bit confusing and misleading. I understand not wanting people to quote you or reply and tag your name but is it possible to be able to at least see the comments for the readers sake? If not possible I understand. Thank you.

I've always been in the "no ignore feature" camp.
As am I. But I know that it is simply wishful thinking to get rid of the ignore feature all together. But when I am reading through a thread and I can't see comment 4, 5, 6, 8, and 10 then what's the point…. Personally I think the ignore feature is childish but I know others rely on it for their own reasons.

Some people just need their safe spaces. And Stomper is big and scary :s0114:

But seriously, this is one of the big issues with this country. Too many people can't handle hearing/seeing things that they disagree with. #banthesilence #ignoretheignore #liberatetheword :s0094:

But when I am reading through a thread and I can't see comment 4, 5, 6, 8, and 10 then what's the point…..
Some unsolicited advice? Stop being such a dick and maybe less people will put you on ignore.

Lighten up, I'm only ribbing you. :s0084:

I like to think of it as 'their loss'; to be missing out on all of the awesomeness of my posts, not 'my loss' on missing out on theirs.

Some unsolicited advice? Stop being such a dick and maybe less people will put you on ignore.

Lighten up, I'm only ribbing you. :s0084:

I like to think of it as 'their loss'; to be missing out on all of the awesomeness of my posts, not 'my loss' on missing out on theirs.
Haha. I think I have more enemies then friends… let the bridges I burn light my way. No offense taken. I can see your comment so we must still be friends.

Back in the early days for me I LOVED the Usenet boards. Most were totally open. I thought it was a ton of fun but, many could not take it. Somehow could not use the "next" button. :s0092:
So they had "filters" you could use on most readers. Many would put a bunch on filter then ask why there was no posts? :s0140:
There used to be a LOT of what we called "grand exits". Where people would get butthurt and announce to all that due to "mean people" they were now leaving. I guess people were supposed to beg them to stay or something? :confused:

I figure what the hell whatever keeps them happy. If can be hard to figure out what is going on if parts of a thread are chopped up.

Is there anyway the ignore thread could be amended to show comments and simply not allow people to quote, tag or respond? I know some here really like and appreciate the ignore thread. My only issue is when someone has me on ignore I can no longer see their comments, which is fine but it makes following certain threads a bit confusing and misleading. I understand not wanting people to quote you or reply and tag your name but is it possible to be able to at least see the comments for the readers sake? If not possible I understand. Thank you.

You're in luck. There *is* a way to see all the posts, regardless of ignore, with the added ability to *not* quote or respond to the person...open up a different browser or an incognito/private window in your same browser, copy the URL of the page over to it, and voila - you can see everything! Alternatively, just log out and go to the thread.

You're in luck. There *is* a way to see all the posts, regardless of ignore, with the added ability to *not* quote or respond to the person...open up a different browser or an incognito/private window in your same browser, copy the URL of the page over to it, and voila - you can see everything! Alternatively, just log out and go to the thread.
I understand that. Thanks.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads