JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So before anyone questions it there was ample evidence that it was a bear that killed and ate the cat. The unfortunate truth is that some folks in the area leave their trash out and it pulled the bear in. When there was no trash it ate my little golden cat. From everything I know about the cat and the area my best guess is either the two just bumped into each other in the thicket or the cat was concentrating so hard on catching me another mole/mouse/shrew that the bear just walked right up on her. Its a big bear, been living in the area for awhile and seeing how much it has been marking up trees I would guess its a male.

I called ODFW and spoke to a trooper and a biologist and it does not look like they are super interested. They were sympathetic and requested I speak to my neighbors (one neighbor insure me that black bears do not eat meat and that it may have been a grizzly <nope>). Come August first I may just go up a tree in my climber and fill my tag right off my road.

beware of the pictures, the piece I m holding is the tip of my cats tail.

IMG_3751.JPG IMG_3752.JPG IMG_3753.JPG IMG_3754.JPG IMG_3755.JPG IMG_3756.JPG IMG_3757-1.JPG IMG_3758.JPG IMG_3759.JPG IMG_3760.JPG

So before anyone questions it there was ample evidence that it was a bear that killed and ate the cat. The unfortunate truth is that some folks in the area leave their trash out and it pulled the bear in. When there was no trash it ate my little golden cat. From everything I know about the cat and the area my best guess is either the two just bumped into each other in the thicket or the cat was concentrating so hard on catching me another mole/mouse/shrew that the bear just walked right up on her. Its a big bear, been living in the area for awhile and seeing how much it has been marking up trees I would guess its a male.

I called ODFW and spoke to a trooper and a biologist and it does not look like they are super interested. They were sympathetic and requested I speak to my neighbors (one neighbor insure me that black bears do not eat meat and that it may have been a grizzly <nope>). Come August first I may just go up a tree in my climber and fill my tag right off my road.

beware of the pictures, the piece I m holding is the tip of my cats tail.

View attachment 373213 View attachment 373214 View attachment 373215 View attachment 373216 View attachment 373217 View attachment 373218 View attachment 373219 View attachment 373220 View attachment 373221 View attachment 373222

I say kill and eat the bear. It's only fair.

I've seen alot of them and that is definitely a Squatch turd.
I'm 100% sure it was a Squatch kill not a bear.
Squatche's hate tail's no meat.

Sorry about the cat.
We loose duck's,chickens and turkey's out here all the time.
Guess it's only fair for all the predator's we shoot though.

I would give my left nut for the chance to shoot me a Squatch. Guess I have to get some cat's for bait.:(

Yup. Lots of 'lost cat' and 'lost foo foo dog' posters up here. Cougars, coyote, bears - loves them some little pets.

Talked with some friends. Their dog was nearly coyote kibble in the back yard lately. Husband stepped out and the coyote took off. I suggested a shot gun can cure the local coyote problem. Where the wife injected "We don't have guns in our house. We don't need them"

Oh well, I liked that dog. Won't be long.

Guns are kinda like parachutes. Nearly all the time you do not need one. But when you do, you really do. And ... the situation or condition regarding guns can change requiring such so very quickly.

Years ago I watched Goldie our Yellow Lab alpha female playing with a dog coyote. He broke contact and was really trying to get Goldie to follow him into the woods. She had NONE of that. Good thing.

Several times now we have glimpsed Cougars from a distance. They do not let people normally see them. Makes one wonder if they are becoming used to seeing Humans. Not good at all. Big kitties!

Several times now we have glimpsed Cougars from a distance. They do not let people normally see them. Makes one wonder if they are becoming used to seeing Humans. Not good at all. Big kitties!

The only cougar I ever saw was one I got to pet - friend has several rescues he keeps in pens, and one he raised from a kitten. Never seen a cougar or bear in the wild. Been all over Alaska (except the north shore), including the Kenai, Montana (including GNP in areas there are a lot of bears), Yellowstone, Idaho, Washington and Oregon - no bears, no cougars. I know they are there - seen scat less than 100' from my house.

Seen coyote up here. Seen lynx (large!) in the WA backwoods. But no bears or cougars. Lots of deer here - had them ten feet away while sitting in my living room or cooking in the kitchen. But no large predators. Hit a bobcat once with the car.

Dog on my road up here every once in a while tangle with something in the woods, but they are used to it.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top