JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
With the recent addition to Cans that were released I am on a mission for subsonic rounds. In anticipation of the hush metal I brought in some 165gn 9mm FMJ RN from Xtreme Bullets out of ID. 3.8gn of TiteGroup seated to 1.21 they are very quiet, clean and hit hard down range. Like thump in the dirt!

I picked up some regular 9mm 147 Hornady JHP-XTP's in bulk from Midway. Looking to see how well they do as subs. Anyone loading these? Suggested loads?

300blk Subs, I am rocking some 220gn Hornady ELD Match and looking to see what powder folks are finding for a clean burn and low gas. Both of my 300blk guns are SIG so piston driven. Looking to build up a gas gun next. Any good load recipes you are using? Anyone pulling off 168gn 300blk in sub? Be fun to slow a 168 down for sub work.

With the recent addition to Cans that were released I am on a mission for subsonic rounds. In anticipation of the hush metal I brought in some 165gn 9mm FMJ RN from Xtreme Bullets out of ID. 3.8gn of TiteGroup seated to 1.21 they are very quiet, clean and hit hard down range. Like thump in the dirt!

I picked up some regular 9mm 147 Hornady JHP-XTP's in bulk from Midway. Looking to see how well they do as subs. Anyone loading these? Suggested loads?

300blk Subs, I am rocking some 220gn Hornady ELD Match and looking to see what powder folks are finding for a clean burn and low gas. Both of my 300blk guns are SIG so piston driven. Looking to build up a gas gun next. Any good load recipes you are using? Anyone pulling off 168gn 300blk in sub? Be fun to slow a 168 down for sub work.
AA1680 for 300blk. im getting under 1050fps with 208gr hornady eld match

Last Edited:
I'm still waiting for some HP Bullets to come out for 300 BLK that are designed to fully expand at those lower velocities!

300Blk subsonic

10.7-10.8 grains. i started a thread on it a while back
Of course I did not use the search function! My error. I will check out your thread.

I best subs are with lilgun in the 300 blk and titegroup for the 9mm.

Well cool, that's the very two powders I am using in each caliber. I have been using LilGun for my Supers in 300blk, works great.

check this out

Maker bullets: Bullets

from 110 to 220gr

300SBLk-Expanded2.jpg

Geezz those look like little grappling hooks expanded. 168gn would be perfect. Use the 168 charts to work the load up with standard off the shelf 168's then swap these babies in for hunting. Wonder how they would do for hogs? Been invited a few times to do some hog hunts in OK. Have wanted to use the 300blk for that.

View attachment 509257

Geezz those look like little grappling hooks expanded. 168gn would be perfect. Use the 168 charts to work the load up with standard off the shelf 168's then swap these babies in for hunting. Wonder how they would do for hogs? Been invited a few times to do some hog hunts in OK. Have wanted to use the 300blk for that.
i probably would use 125gr speer TNT supersonics for hogs. they work well at 200yrds on deer, trust me ;)

I load the Maker 500 gr subsonic expander for hunting with the 458 Socom. Load development was a bit spendy but I will be shooting very few for actual hunting. For 300 blk subs I use 11.7gr aa1680 with a 208 Amax ( no longer made) to get 1000 fps with a 9.5" barrel. It is very accurate and cycles action great. Although I killed a deer with this load using a headshot, I would not recommend it for hunting as it may just pencil through and not necessarily tumble. Here is the bullet recovered from the ground where I think it hit several rocks.

8FFE8035-F0D4-45A0-9803-F9AE433AA382.jpeg

Of course I did not use the search function! My error. I will check out your thread.

Well cool, that's the very two powders I am using in each caliber. I have been using LilGun for my Supers in 300blk, works great.
i have a pound of lil gun id trade you for:

BLC2
h4895
imr4320
aa1680

I load the Maker 500 gr subsonic expander for hunting with the 458 Socom. Load development was a bit spendy but I will be shooting very few for actual hunting. For 300 blk subs I use 11.7gr aa1680 with a 208 Amax ( no longer made) to get 1000 fps with a 9.5" barrel. It is very accurate and cycles action great. Although I killed a deer with this load using a headshot, I would not recommend it for hunting as it may just pencil through and not necessarily tumble. Here is the bullet recovered from the ground where I think it hit several rocks.

View attachment 509271
LOL it lost .9gr

Probably lost all .9gr to the rocky ground as I don't think the deer noggin provided much resistance. He only made it about 15 yds. and bled out.

That bullet looks to be a good match for the 300 blk at reasonable distances. Might be a bit explosive for point blank where I seem to encounter most of my Blacktails.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top