JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hit the gun range this morning to celebrate our Independence. The lane I pulled up to was covered in brass. I picked up over 750 nice shiny casings then commenced to scatter my own. I currently do not reload, but I might someday or end up making a deal to someone who does.

The California gold rush, as with most gold rushes, started with the discovery of placer gold in sands and gravels of streambeds, where the gold had eroded from the hard-rock vein deposits. Placer miners followed the gold-bearing sands upstream to discover the source in the bedrock. This source was the "mother" of the gold in the river and so was dubbed the "mother lode".

The other day I found 27 pieces of 357 sig brass and I can't say how long I spent searchin the bushes for more. Now If I can find people who shoot 10mm and don't pick up their brass life would be complete.

Good for you but if you don't have a couple Home Depot buckets full of 9mm brass you are behind the curve.:)
I might be there. If I collected all my bags of shells together I'm sure I'd fill at least one.

I usually do pretty good cleaning up after the monthly full auto shoot at ARPC. I know that I contribute at least a few shells to that pile.

The other day I found 27 pieces of 357 sig brass and I can't say how long I spent searchin the bushes for more. Now If I can find people who shoot 10mm and don't pick up their brass life would be complete.

Last cleanup at Pit 36 I found 5 38 special pieces of brass. Strange number but hey, I have a friend who now reloads and .38 is one of them he does. I did manage to pick up around 200 9mm cases as well, 20 of them being nickle plated.

What I would love to find is a person who just leaves their 500 S&W Mag brass around. That would be just heaven.

>Last cleanup at Pit 36 I found 5 38 special pieces of brass. Strange number but hey

See above comment.

>Everyone at our range must reload? Nuttin' but .22 brass left behind.

Just one really good picker
Just think of all the .223 jacketed bullets you could make from those .22 LR cases...

What I would love to find is a person who just leaves their 500 S&W Mag brass around. That would be just heaven.
No kidding! That's expensive brass. I used to have one and would have considered that Heaven, too.
I never found any of that, but several years ago I stumbled on an area that was scattered with 41 Mag and 45-70 brass. Very uncommon stuff and was quite the find for me, as I was reloading for both at the time.

I've been paying about $0.65 a piece for new brass so far. It doesn't get cheaper buying factory loads. The only benefit then is the ability to fire the round before having to reload it.

If I remember, good ammo was $2.50+ a round. Once I had the brass I could duplicate it for a little less than $1 a pop. Not cheap even then.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top