JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a gen 4 23 with a 40-9 lone wolf stainless threaded barrel. Never had any issues, in fact I enjoy shooting it more in that configuration than I do with the stock .40 barrel. :s0155:

I used to have a Gen4 G23 and I just replaced the barrel (40-9 Lonewolf). I shot brown bear and some over the counter brass shell ammo. I did have some FTF and FTE with the brown bear, probably because it's low powered ammo.

I recently did a 40-9 conversion on a G27 (Gen3) and this time I decided to do a full conversion. I replaced the ejector, extractor, and the spring loaded bearing. Last weekend I went and shot it, I didn't have any FTF or FTE problems. I shot Remington and Federal 115 gr. ammo. I did shoot some good quality JHP self defense ammo too and not a single issue. My slide didn't lock back on the last round a few times but maybe that is because of the new recoil spring assembly being new and stiff? or maybe a few 115 gr. rounds were a little weak? I don't know.

In my experience, the heavier bullets and or the +P rounds cycle the best. If you plan on doing conceal carry (self defense), I'd say run +P and do a full conversion. Also the ejection pattern can be a little random, but my G27 ejected towards the 5 o'clock position and a few times it hit me on top of the head. If you just wanna plink around with the G23 in 9mm, just buy the barrel.... don't worry about a full conversion. Also remember if you do convert, hand cycling dummy or live rounds won't really do you any good because you will never get that slide to cycle like it would under real firing.

If you wanna know more about the full conversion, watch this vid.
Glock 40 S&W To 9mm Conversion (How To) In HD - YouTube

a8d1e140-c5cc-449f-bebf-3c983eb6467d_zps6f33c52a.jpg

I had one before i sold my glock. It had issues.
First off it didn't fit I had to oil and diamond file it in order to get it to drop into the slide.
Second I would have jams FTF's and FTE's about every other magazine or so. (Using proper glock 9mm mags. )
One time it completely locked the gun up. I had to disassemble it with a live round stuck in the chamber cause I couldnt rack the slide to clear it.

I know a lot of people have good luck with theirs but I wasn't one of them.

I finally gave up and decided to just look for a glock 19 or 26.

I use Stormlake in my Glock conversions and have had excellent results. I have not fired any of the Russion steel case ammo as one of the posters has and agree it may be because of lower power level.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top