JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This will seem silly to a lot of you but I have a question about what i'm seeing here.

I thin this is just inserting the bullet in upside down or is this an issue with the guage itself?

20130423_070533.jpg

I loaded 250 rounds and just got my case guage in and this is what i'm seeing on all my rounds.
is this a crimp issue or what?

9mm check.jpg

thanks for any ifo you can provide
Tracy

20130423_070533.jpg

9mm check.jpg

I would check out a couple of the YT videos on using case gauges. Just acouple of questions for you. 1st Why do you have WD-40 near your reloading bench? If you are serious about reloading get that out of there. WD-40 has no place near your reloading bench. 2nd have you removed the barrel from the pistol you are loading for and dropped that loaded round (in your picture) into the barrel to make sure the projectile isn't touching the lands? Only reason I ask is because the projectile even if it's 147gr looks like its seated out a bit far. Just asking.

It looks to me that in pic 1 the round is being inserted both backwards and in the wrong end.

In pic 2 it would appear that you have a sizing issue or the case has not had a finish crimp on it to remove any flare or "belling" that was added in order to seat the bullet.

For autoloading pistol cartridges the Lee Factory Crimp die can be a real friend.

It looks to me that in pic 1 the round is being inserted both backwards and in the wrong end.

In pic 2 it would appear that you have a sizing issue or the case has not had a finish crimp on it to remove any flare or "belling" that was added in order to seat the bullet.

For autoloading pistol cartridges the Lee Factory Crimp die can be a real friend.
I agree with DS2. Either you have a sizing issue, or the case is hanging up on the belled mouth. Did you use a taper crimp die after seating? He is also "dead on" (pun intended) about the Lee factory crimp die. It can help avoid many potential hangups by actually making an additional sizing squeeze on the case as well as insuring that the round has the proper taper crimp.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top