JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Never understood interchangeable chokes in a break action single......I mean, how hard is it to simply remove the barrel and insert another with a different choke and/or gauge?!
Sorry folks, but this just bugs me. :mad:

How about shooting some .45ACP out of that shotgun?
YES....I've also seen adapters made for 20 ga. conversions. And, in other handgun calibers.

Aloha, Mark

PS....I found it in 20 ga.

Last Edited:
At first I was thinking....
WHY a single shot 20 ga.?
Hummmm......WHY NOT...…A 20 ga. "Survival SG".

Aloha, Mark

PS....next thing to buy is maybe a Classic Lee Loader for 20 ga. ammo.
Or use the same process below with your 20 ga. shells. Of course your load data will differ.

Last Edited:
At first I was thinking....
WHY a single shot 20 ga.?
Hummmm......WHY NOT...…A 20 ga. "Survival SG".

Aloha, Mark
Why does it have to be a "survival" shotgun in order to be a valid choice?
What about a break action single being a 20 gauge makes it non-valid as a traditional hunting arm?

Actually I like the idea of removable chokes for a single shot shotgun...
Not for the versatility , but more for the fact that a shotgun with removable chokes is steel shot compatible.
And while I don't waterfowl hunt....some areas for grouse and upland game are "lead free" areas.
So steel shot or non-toxic shot is needed there...and steel is cheaper than non-toxic shot ....as well as less effective...but I digress....
Andy

My BPS has a barrel marked "special steel" all that really means is that it's Modified choke. It's not generally recomended to shoot steel thru a full choke barrel.

I've been wanting a 16 for literally decades; one would think I would have taken care of this by now.
My brother got a 16 ga. single back in the 60's. He loves it.

Shotguns_Mine&Bros.jpg

I have one of these, got it for $84. It's great! My only complaint is that the receiver near the trigger guard rubs on my hand in a weird way after a while that makes it sort of uncomfortable, but other than that it's a totally serviceable shooter and definitely worth the price

What Wallyworld was this? Everyone I've been to lately has had the gun section gutted and the ammo case empty. Every person I've talked to, all over the country, has reported the same thing, no guns (period, all signs of having had guns removed) and no ammo outside of a box of shotshells.

Why does it have to be a "survival" shotgun in order to be a valid choice?
What about a break action single being a 20 gauge makes it non-valid as a traditional hunting arm?

NOTE: that I said.....

"WHY NOT"

THAT doesn't mean........that I EXCLUDE everything else as a valid use. Jeez. Such a divisive attitude. :s0123:

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
I've been wanting a 16 for literally decades; one would think I would have taken care of this by now.
I was at a gun show in Canby a year or two ago, and a seller had an old bolt-action JC Higgins 16 gauge shotgun for $50. I had no earthly use for it, but just couldn't pass it up. It's a solid, functional old shotgun.

And I have this to go with it. How could I go wrong?

IMG_0624[1].jpg

What Wallyworld was this? Everyone I've been to lately has had the gun section gutted and the ammo case empty. Every person I've talked to, all over the country, has reported the same thing, no guns (period, all signs of having had guns removed) and no ammo outside of a box of shotshells.
The one out in Port Orchard. I was out there today, and they didn't have any of the 100 buck ones left. They did have a couple Savage bolt guns in a couple calibers, but nothing I needed.

as far as there ammo...well if anyone shoots 28 ga, i know where you can get exactly 2 boxes of ammo.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top