JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The one out in Port Orchard. I was out there today, and they didn't have any of the 100 buck ones left. They did have a couple Savage bolt guns in a couple calibers, but nothing I needed.

as far as there ammo...well if anyone shoots 28 ga, i know where you can get exactly 2 boxes of ammo.
If only the ATF had allowed Taurus to bring the 28 ga revolver to market, I'd be interested.

1615397838317.png

You can shoot it now too:

I keep seeing these adapters pop up in this thread. I didn't know they where a thing. If I can find a set online for reasonably cheap, I may just have to pick one up. You know... "for survival".

If only the ATF had allowed Taurus to bring the 28 ga revolver to market, I'd be interested.

View attachment 840853
I kind of both hate this and love it. I remember when the normal Judge came out and a bunch of people lost their bubble gum because "why would you need a hand held shotgun?"

I mean, not like the LaMat was a thing back in the civil war or anything.

Andy,

All modern shotguns are steel shot compatible.
Producing it so it accepts a removeable choke has nothing to do with that.
What is the date for "modern"...?
1940 , 1950 , 1960....
Ya gotta remember that most of my guns that I use are from 1900 or earlier....:D

I just got a "Nitro Special" made by Belknap Hardware...its actually a Hopkins and Allen model #3612...
From around 1915 - 1930....compared to my main grouse gun ( a antique flintlock fowler ) its pretty modern...
But if I compare it to my 870 Wingmaster from 1962....it ain't so modern...
And if one compares my 870 , to a new one....which is more "modern"... for many folks my 870 from 1962 is old and not modern.
Andy

What is the date for "modern"...?
1940 , 1950 , 1960....
Ya gotta remember that most of my guns that I use are from 1900 or earlier....:D

I just got a "Nitro Special" made by Belknap Hardware...its actually a Hopkins and Allen model #3612...
From around 1915 - 1930....compared to my main grouse gun ( a antique flintlock fowler ) its pretty modern...
But if I compare it to my 870 Wingmaster from 1962....it ain't so modern...
And if one compares my 870 , to a new one....which is more "modern"... for many folks my 870 from 1962 is old and not modern.
Andy
Man, I am so confused now...lol

Me thinks that.....what he is trying to point out is that......

There is a difference between modern firearms steel and production and the old steel (made in the past with sometimes questionable production methods). Then.....think about the fact that steel shot wasn't even a thing back in the old days.

Example of the steel story: The M1903 rifle.....high serial numbers vs low serial numbers production.

Aloha, Mark

The one out in Port Orchard. I was out there today, and they didn't have any of the 100 buck ones left. They did have a couple Savage bolt guns in a couple calibers, but nothing I needed.

as far as there ammo...well if anyone shoots 28 ga, i know where you can get exactly 2 boxes of ammo.

Yes, the local Wally has ONE box of 28 ga. Must not be popular, or else the layer of dust is keeping people from spotting it, or the $28 a box price! No guns, no place for guns (gutted), no RF, no CF ammo.

For barrel converters try Ace up in Alaska (ad in Backwoods Home). Yes, I have dealt with him for years, yes I have always been happy with item/service, no I get no money from him, have not met him, have no interest in his business other than buying from him.

So the other day I was at Walmart and I found a Hatfield Singel Shot in 20 ga. I haven't taken it out yet, but I wanted to know if any one else picked one up and if so, what are your thoughts?

I mean, I get that it's not a hand carved piece of itallian art and it's not a speed racer mossberg... But for exploding the occasional 2 liter or smoking some pot like Hickok 45, it seems like it will be fun.

So I did the only responsible thing I could. I bought a custom leather stock sleeve (which cost half as much as the entire gun).

It's ok to be jealous.

View attachment 839967 View attachment 839968 View attachment 839969 View attachment 839970

Yes you can find good deals at Walmart if you look. I got a Ruger 10/22 50th anniversary eddition in stainless for $179 back in 2016!!! They lost the magazine for the rifle so it was discounted. But the counter guys weren't to savvy about guns and did not realise it was a steal.

Their computer system was down so I had to wait till it was fixed took a week. Man I called every day haha the salesman put it on hold for me. When I picked it up he said man I had people constantly asking if they could buy it :s0112: put her in a birch wood stock I found at a gun show and really accents the stainless!

20160915_202854.jpg

Yes you can find good deals at Walmart if you look. I got a Ruger 10/22 50th anniversary eddition in stainless for $179 back in 2016!!! They lost the magazine for the rifle so it was discounted. But the counter guys weren't to savvy about guns and did not realise it was a steal.

Their computer system was down so I had to wait till it was fixed took a week. Man I called every day haha the salesman put it on hold for me. When I picked it up he said man I had people constantly asking if they could buy it :s0112: put her in a birch wood stock I found at a gun show and really accents the stainless!

View attachment 854762

Here's a photo of it in that Birch stock! Missing trigger assembly have an KIDD assembly orderd and swapped the 50th anniversary bolt for a stock one. But you get the idea fire sights on these things are awesome btw:s0155:

20210405_164947.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads