JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
$100 dollar singles are my weakness. Each time I buy one I say it my last. Each time I modify it and or sell it I say it will be my last.

It never is!

Hell, bimart has one and I can't help to think how long I'll last before it gets brought home with me.
Those Chiappas X-cal adapter set that will turn a 12 ga single shot into 8 different calibers engaged me so much that I bought one. Still need to get a single shot 12 ga. as the adapters are worthless by themselves. $300 for the X-cal set, $100 for the shotgun. You slide it into the 12 ga and the adapters will convert a 12 ga shotfun (fun... heh) into:
  • 12ga to 20ga (smooth bore)
  • 12ga to 357 Mag (rifled)
  • 12ga to 410 bore (rifled)
  • 12ga to 9mm luger (rifled)
  • 12ga to 45 ACP (rifled)
  • 12ga top 40 S&W (rifled)
  • 12ga to 44 Rem Magnum (rifled)
  • 12ga to .380 ACP (rifled)

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1019151753/

Picked up a Midland Backpack a couple years ago, a very nice single shot shotgun, nice features, easy break action with solid lockup for roughly $150, even uses Beretta chokes.

Haven't tried it yet, but on ebay, found a stainless 12g to 9mm rifled adapter, for about $25. It is only 4" compared to the chiappa 7" but it looks nice, can't wait to try it.

I just picked up a rock island 12 ga from BI-Mart for $99, got a Chaszel 357 18 inch insert, and ordered a picatiny rail adapter to go on the rib. I'll put my Seeall sight on it and I'll have the break action .357 I have wanted for years.

I was showing those inserts to my wife and saying that they would work in her Stoger coach gun. Her reply was if she needed to shoot something other that her shot gun she'd just grab her Rossi 44 mag Carbine.

Sounds like your wife has that dialed in. Besides, shotguns are already extremely versatile. Simply trade out your ammo and you are able to take the smallest bird to near a large game animal, in fact, many states back east, that's all they'll allow to hunt deer with.

20ga is the thinking man's shotgun.
1E5DBB7B-4D27-4A45-952F-9E623FAB1CC0.jpeg

Used to be , you'd always find one or three at a guns show or used gun rack....not so much these days.
Things have gotten worse. The earlier Harrington & Richardson closed their doors circa 1986, shortly thereafter New England Firearms took over the building, made NEF and H&R single shot products all over again. Which continued through the Marlin buyout, and eventually Remington finished them off. But during that time, hundreds of thousands of single shot, break-open shotguns and rifles were made. Budget priced but fairly quality arms.

Update to today. NEF and H&R single shots are somewhat sought after. Especially barrels. Because of the interchangeable nature of them. What's happening now are people are breaking the guns up into parts, selling barrels separately online for more than entire guns might bring elsewhere. I see multiple receivers (frames) sold in lots on GB. I hate to see perfectly good firearms broken up for sale as parts, but that's the economics of it. For now.

H&R and later NEF factory people referred to the single shot receiver / frame as the "Baystate." Because it's roughly shaped like the state of Massachusetts, which is known as the Bay State. Where the factory was located.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top