JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's a **** of a shot. But the sheep looks like it's still kicking a little. I've never gotten into hunting. Just can't shoot an innocent animal I didn't have to kill to eat. People on hte other hand, I wouldn't be that upset. At least you can find plenty of them that deserve it.

That's a **** of a shot. But the sheep looks like it's still kicking a little. I've never gotten into hunting. Just can't shoot an innocent animal I didn't have to kill to eat. People on hte other hand, I wouldn't be that upset. At least you can find plenty of them that deserve it.

He shot it at the base of the neck and believe me the animal felt absolutely nothing. It is kicking only because the nerves were cut. This was not just a pop-shot by any means at all. We practice at these ranges as well as we had been shooting at this range for the prior 2 days. These shots should only be taken by those that are confident and after much practice. Just like someone taking a 100yd shot should be practiced at that range. This was not the longest range we shot at either and he had a very good handle on where that bullet was going to go. This was the first shot of the day cold-bore.

Can't wait for the details on the gear used. Nice shooting.

He is shooting a very custom 300 RUM with 185gr Berger VLDs. Nightforce 5.5x-22x

Very nice setup if I do say so myself.

4539255245_3bed371d65_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Picture perfect shot! As far as those wondering about the "kicking", it doesn't get any better than that as far as putting an animal down. Once again, incredible! I KNOW that I could not take/make that shot. My hats off to you both.

:eek:

Nice trace. I've never seen that before.

Years ago...I have shot 1,000 yard DCM matches at Ft. Lewis range KD-22. If the conditions are right and you are early in the morning. Usually sometime in the summer. With a spotting scope you can see the vapor trail left by the bullet as it goes down range. At 1,000 yards a 30-06 at the top of it's arc is approx. 50 feet above the ground. If you look at the vapor trail in the video, you can see a very large arc to get the bullet on target. I am very impressed by the shooter for two reasons. 1, he knows his rifle VERY well, and 2, he has put alot of rounds down range. Practice makes perfect! Very good shooting.

Was this video taken early in the morning?

Yeah, but how do you know that wasn't the worst ahole of a goat ever? I think he was, you can see it in the video, not one of the other goats going over to help.

Also, if you can find plenty of people that deserve to die one wonders if your objective standards are really that much better than picking the closest 'scape' goat. Also, history has shown us that people, if properly prepared, are good eating, however, eating a modern American is not advised as the level of pesticide, herbicides, recreational drugs, and pure poison vile are all way above levels recommended by the CDC.

ODFW recommends you eat no more than 2 lbs of Multnomah County residents per month. People who are just passing thru Multnomah County can be eaten on a regular basis. :D

Yeah, I think this is being covered in another thread though, the one about 'the best places to get bulk food in the PDX area'.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top