JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We have had mountain goats living nearby for many years... usually some jerk shoots them. I say jerk because these goats are local residents... they live in close to town, come down to the rivers and streams, and often come into town. The one that used to live on Mt. Emily often followed me/us into the radio buildings up at the tower site. Don't know if he was looking for salt, but he was a stinky beggar...

Mountain sheep living up in the Elkhorns and Wallowas too. During the winter they have to be fed. Then ODFW sells a tag to some fool for a once in a lifetime hunt on these "wild" critters that would always eat out of our hands.

No guys, go to Alaska to hunt real wild goat and sheep. This hunt is basically a really tough walk to shoot an animal tied to a tree.

Sorry I never did get a pic of a Mt. Emily goat.

Lookout Mountain.jpg Sheep ridge 001.jpg Sheep ridge 002.jpg Sheep ridge.jpg

Anyone want to join a team with me? Need at least two others...
I have all the gear needed for prolly two people, plus GMRS and UHF radios.
I will need to up my conditioning, but I do not see that as an obstacle.
Please PM me if interested.

[edit to add] : the listing for the copper / non-lead bullets and ammunition is impressive. A good resource....
I would like to join you, if possible. I am in Tacoma.

What, you didn't hump it up the mountain on foot? Back in my day, it was uphill...both ways! Slacker;).

Seriously, cool photos.

Boss

Yah sure... 14 miles, a service monitor, a wattmeter, spare parts, voltmeter, service manuals, etc etc. Aaaaaaand, propane for the generator. But if I was still working, I certainly would consider your kind offer!!! :D

Nice lil guys and gals they were...

Mt. Emily.jpg Tower work, Mt Emily.jpg

I wonder if baiting the goats with a salt lick and then posting up a hundred yards away would be a valid strategy...
October 2010 one man was getting to close for photos and was killed by these goats...

NEVER!!! I came form Penn, where it all happened - guns and then hunting. Good memories!

I have a lib buddy that was raised in Penn and often speaks of childhood memories. He's a dick. Was carrying spuds thru the woods while I was laying on warm sand ogling blondes in bikinis! ;):D

These are the goats on Olympic National Park... They were brought in back in 1920... Not those big recurve Rams
View attachment 683396

Did you happen to read all of the post that went with rams???

Sorry if I wasn't clear... but I did say I didn't get a picture of the goats, and I really didn't think I needed to post that those were bighorn sheep and not goats from Yorba Rio Linda...

Last Edited:
I thought the goats were a problem for accosting hikers to ingest sweat salt because the area they were kidnapped from has salt in the ecosystem and the Olympics is salt free.

Why don't they just hit the farm supply stores and buy up some salt licks and drop those from helicopters via parachute? Why is everything always a BFD cluster.

True it be the reason but the PTB are asking for volunteers to eradicate the rest that they couldn't get with helicopters, they have no in-house resources for this task ....

Man I would love to do this. I would think it's a hunt of a lifetime.

I don't know any hunters that are willing to do those conditions, but I sire as heck would.
I usually hunt 10-15 miles a day in normal hunting days anyways.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top