JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, at least she won't need a stage name when she gets a job at "Hoes and Poles"...
There's always hope...

Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 9.58.06 PM.png

In 8th grade I made a replacement hammer for a Savage 101, I thought I was pretty cool.

This kid made a fully functional stainless steel shotgun! I'm glad to see how hes getting the recognition he deserves.

And who here didn't make their share of, "Zip" guns back when? :s0092:

Now I just have better tooling.:)View attachment 900449
I made a few miniature cannons, and switchblades etc when i was young. Used to sell prison tattoo guns in grade school for some reason "the kids" really liked those. Lol.
Primers were fun to shoot out of .177 cal air rifles at stuff. Surprisingly accurate for what it is. And they do go off as well. At least usually. :)

Last Edited:
I made a few cannons, and switchblades etc when i was young. Used to sell prison tattoo guns in grade school for some reason "the kids" really liked those. Lol.
Primers were fun to shoot out of .177 cal air rifles at stuff. Surprisingly accurate for what it is. And they do go off as well. At least usually.
It was also pretty well known i made some other stuff that i wont mention here :)
I knew a kid like that in grade school. Set his mother's kitchen on fire trying to make some kind of explosive in an old pot on her stove. We didn't hear from him for a while after that. When he got back he was pretty much undeterred.

EDIT: sp

Last Edited:
While this is a 'cute' and 'flowery' story I did a little looking into it and it seems like he might have had a lot of help from his dad - who is possibly a CNC machinist.

I found a site with a vid of the boy showing his class a somewhat limited slide show of how 'he' built it and he mentioned how it was ' nice to see what his dad did all day'. He also mentioned they bought some of the parts as well.

Please do not ask me for links because I did not save them but they can be easily found if anyone is interested.

Been there, done that. As I remember it was using a lighter fluid can as a flame thrower.... :s0024:
Mine was the butane lighter refils, i silver soldered a little steel "stick" 90° on a hose clamp the size of the bottle. Then bent another small dia. Steel "bar" roughly .250 dia. At 90° offset like a crank handle and drilled a hole through one end to fit over the fill tip so you could just hold it like a gun and squeeze.
I remember using it one day and some lady running out of her front door like the sky was falling and i was some evil villian or something. As i recalp she tried to take it from me. She may have taken it i cant remember. I may have just ran off into the backwoods in back of my house.

I knew a kid like that in grade school. Set his mother's kitchen on fire trying to make some kind of explosive in an old pot on her stove. We didn't hear from him for a while after that. When he got back he was pretty much undeterred.

EDIT: sp
Yeah I've had some "incidents" as well. Solid rocket fuel was fun until it rears its ugly head and bites ya! Makes you start to wonder why you didnt just keep building the model rockets.

The funniest thing we did was shoot tennis balls off into the woods with a dry ice cannon we made. We had a decent size hill with a steep enough grade sonwe burried a piece of PVC about the size of a 20oz pop bottle into the side of the hill and me and my brother would stand on each side. One would prime and load the charge and throw it into the muzzle and the other would quickly toss the tennis ball ontop the charge. That things was awesome. We never found any of the tennis balls shot into the woods. Sorry for all the environmentalists but we were young and dumb..(clearly)

Yeah I've had some "incidents" as well. Solid rocket fuel was fun until it rears its ugly head and bites ya! Makes you start to wonder why you didnt just keep building the model rockets.

The funniest thing we did was shoot tennis balls off into the woods with a dry ice cannon we made. We had a decent size hill with a steep enough grade sonwe burried a piece of PVC about the size of a 20oz pop bottle into the side of the hill and me and my brother would stand on each side. One would prime and load the charge and throw it into the muzzle and the other would quickly toss the tennis ball ontop the charge. That things was awesome. We never found any of the tennis balls shot into the woods. Sorry for all the environmentalists but we were young and dumb..(clearly)
We made our cannons out of soda cans (they were thicker back then) and duct tape. Used lighter fluid as fuel. They were loud and threw tennis balls several blocks.

For a while I played with pneumatic cannons. Did you know you can get an old "D" cell to sail 600 yards with an accumulator pressure of 90 psi. This was my, "I-Wacky Anti-Tank Gun."
View attachment 902564 View attachment 902565
I want to see someone make a pulse jet engine version thats fully auto magic! With maybe something like a rotating gate and feed in one. Load a projectile turn 90° inline with bore/fire, then turn and feed & repeat. You'd loose the suction cycle but man youd be the envy of every spud launcher ever to try his hand at backyard stoichiometry. ;)

No Chemistry to it at all, just controlled air pressure. Before I built it I investigated, "Spud guns." With Spud Gun propellant, isobutane, there wasn't any way to control pressure, so there was no accuracy. Without accuracy it's just a noise maker.

As far as rapid fire, If you're old enough you might remember the, "Midway" cannons that you shot rubber balls out of at targets being projected on a screen. They were bolt action and tray fed, but they were stationary as they were hooked up to large air supplies.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top