JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You're making it dificult for me to get a pocket pistol...
How are you going to "finish" this one?
This is extremely cool, seems like you can be a lot more proud shooting your gun this way.
So it's good for about 5 lowers, you say?

The end mill started to chatter a bit (pun intended) during #4 so I started making the depth of cut half of what they recommended with the markings on The Jig.
I did notice this this time, while it took longer the results were just as good as the first one I milled.;)
It is definitely recommended (by me) that the use of a drill press will give much better results. Using a hand-held drill and drilling in this hard aluminum puts undue stress on the guide block, it's too bad it is not a hardened steel guide block.

YMMV

I did that from day one. ;)

Then your end meal should last you a long time. Going to try this one....
Dang, now I can't find the link!!!:eek:
Sorry, I'll edit when I remember where it is...:oops::oops::oops:

Nice.
I have that same router.
It's been good.

I wish that it had a light though, one can never have enough light in that specific area...:D even the head lamp that I use does not stay on task....:eek:

Last Edited:
That looks like a good option but Id like the light right there in chamber with no obstructions to get in the way with the milling process is a great feature.
I'm looking to get another router with that option, maybe the Rigid brand.
I've heard horror stories about the Dewalt not staying put when locked at a certain depth.:eek::eek::eek:

I have the rigid and love it.

I have the rigid and love it.

"However, the depth adjustment and collet can be finicky at times"

This was on the recommendations page so just wondering since you you have it in hand and have fondled it...:D

Have you experienced any problems with a depth adjustment and colette loosening?

Good Lawdy, this will surely be taken out of context...:eek::eek::eek:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR