JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I spent the day out in the shop with the wood stove stoked to Florida standards, 70°....
I have been chomping at the bit to get some time to finish the last 20% of my 80% lower.
The 5D Tactical jig is definitely the way to go since I have seen the results of the other jigs (cheaper models) that require a drill press.
The results are night and day to me and I'm glad I waited till I had more coin to put down for the best jig.
So easy a Caveman can do it!!!

20170322_151142.jpg 20170322_161523.jpg 20170322_165948.jpg

Very cool! I'll have to look into this kit... my Anderson jig is getting worn.

How long did it take you to get it hogged out?

This being the first time that I have used it I didn't want to screw up. I've heard horror stories about it so I took my time and it was about one and a half hours.
My FSIL SENT ME THIS....
You could have made a cheese grader out of your lower if it didn't turn out right.
IMG_5811.jpg

Go to a tool shop, home depot, or something like that and pick one of these up

View attachment 351706

it works simply, I used them on my aluminum CNC projects in school about 10 years ago.

Its called a deburring tool :)

View attachment 351705

I have very limited hands on experience with metal fab and finish because I weld wood mostly... Thanks CD, I'll check it out this afternoon..;)

I had a question about which router I used, it is a Mikita RT0701C.
But I would have liked to have the Dewalt DWP611 because it has a light which gives more confidence because you can see into the cavity as you work. I used my head lamp that i have for fishing....:D

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR