JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Cool to see some feedback on that 5D jig. I am impressed with that particular setup - it's on my want list, pretty high up too. Glad to hear you really like it, that makes the decision even easier. Nice work.

I can speak to that deburring tool as well - I carried one in the field as an electrician to debur the inside of conduit after cutting it. Not sure if it will work well for what you need to do, but it is a handy tool. Good for deburring copper pipe after cutting as well.

I'm thinking if I order one, rather than fight with "ship, ship it and lower back, return ship," just ask if they can mill it out for reinforced buffer-towers like on the Tennessee Arms lower right off the bat.

Awesome job Caveman Jim! We followed the trail of cheese shavings and decided it was time to step up to support the forum. We aren't sure if the forum Admin has finished setting us up yet, but let it be known that we are here.

Awesome job Caveman Jim! We followed the trail of cheese shavings and decided it was time to step up to support the forum. We aren't sure if the forum Admin has finished setting us up yet, but let it be known that we are here.

Welcome! Great to have you here. I've got your jig on my short list of items to buy. I'm impressed with the quality of your product.

That's great Andy, we always welcome new vendors and I am stoked to have been a part of getting yous guys here.;)

I started #2 today!!!!! I'm gonna have to build a lot of guns, this is too fun!!!:D

20170327_173450.jpg

Last Edited:
I was sold when I watched the video the first time. It is the best jig out there IMHO. It can also mill a 308 lower with an extra adapter, another selling point.:cool:

I agree on all points, but mostly the video. Watched and studied it several times and figured that another cave man besides you could do it. I'll have mine it about a week. Bought the router on Amazon.

We use these
Now I need to figure out how to debur the trigger control group holes on the inside (in the last pick, zoom in to see what I'm talkin about).
We used these cool little doodads called cogsdills at Boeing (or bloeing as I call 'em) it's basically a round bit/shank that holds a carbide shaper/scraper and will QUICKLY deburr inside and blind holes. Google it. I'm sure there's pictures. I think cogsdills is the maker.

I agree on all points, but mostly the video. Watched and studied it several times and figured that another cave man besides you could do it. I'll have mine it about a week. Bought the router on Amazon.

Good choice, it really is that simple to use just have the capability to go step by step while you route &take it slow & steady.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top