Simply Triggers
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
HighLine Firearms

Knobgoblin

Reactions
1nr1yv.jpg

Knobgoblin

Reactions
Report says 'For the Big reveal at a nearby quarry' so my first thought is it was detonated at an area (probably not owned by the father) and probably considered to be safe.
Sigh.
Yeah, I do dumb stuff like that too.

Still remember almost killing my next door neighbor with a dry ice bottle bomb. In my yard, fully contained for frag potential, not any possible kinetic danger.
Old boy was walking by unbeknownst to me when I spun it up. He's had a couple heart attacks prior to my whoopsie. All I could offer was a sheepish " Happy 4th!" No more celebrating at the hacienda since.

RVTECH

Reactions
I will admit to some 'Junior Scientist' projects as a teen as well.

I used to make hydrogen AND acetylene from what were at the time simple grocery store or hardware store ingredients.

Because hydrogen is lighter than air the 'uses' for it (for experimental purposes) are pretty entertaining.....

it cracks me up when people would ask me if my wife and i were expecting a baby....

no we’re expecting a tyrannosaurus you idiot.

:rolleyes:

Things you normally do before the part of the brain says, "Hey, that might not be a good idea," at about the age of 25. Remember when some of my friends filled a large trash bag with acetylene from shop class in high school, drove with it in their car to the local Shakey's Pizza Parlor at lunch, and touched it off. I didn't see it, but heard it. Some singed hair from what I recall. Pales in comparison to this though.

Reactions
Things you normally do before the part of the brain says, "Hey, that might not be a good idea," at about the age of 25. Remember when some of my friends filled a large trash bag with acetylene from shop class in high school, drove with it in their car to the local Shakey's Pizza Parlor at lunch, and touched it off. I didn't see it, but heard it. Some singed hair from what I recall. Pales in comparison to this though.
Ahhhhh young and dumb, the good old days.

Cerberus Training Group
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Oregon Arms & Ammunition
Project Appleseed
Southwest Firearms Forum
Sporting Systems
DSG Arms
NW Custom Firearms
Copeland Custom Gunworks

Upcoming Events

22 Rimfire Challenge
Redmond, OR