JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1nr1yv.jpg

Report says 'For the Big reveal at a nearby quarry' so my first thought is it was detonated at an area (probably not owned by the father) and probably considered to be safe.
Sigh.
Yeah, I do dumb stuff like that too.

Still remember almost killing my next door neighbor with a dry ice bottle bomb. In my yard, fully contained for frag potential, not any possible kinetic danger.
Old boy was walking by unbeknownst to me when I spun it up. He's had a couple heart attacks prior to my whoopsie. All I could offer was a sheepish " Happy 4th!" No more celebrating at the hacienda since.

I will admit to some 'Junior Scientist' projects as a teen as well.

I used to make hydrogen AND acetylene from what were at the time simple grocery store or hardware store ingredients.

Because hydrogen is lighter than air the 'uses' for it (for experimental purposes) are pretty entertaining.....

I'm all about blowing up tannerite, but the gender reveal party sounds like a participation trophy. We waited until the kid popped out before knew what the gender was. All I wanted was a healthy kid with 10 fingers and 10 toes. Anything else hanging off the body was neither here nor there.

Things you normally do before the part of the brain says, "Hey, that might not be a good idea," at about the age of 25. Remember when some of my friends filled a large trash bag with acetylene from shop class in high school, drove with it in their car to the local Shakey's Pizza Parlor at lunch, and touched it off. I didn't see it, but heard it. Some singed hair from what I recall. Pales in comparison to this though.

Things you normally do before the part of the brain says, "Hey, that might not be a good idea," at about the age of 25. Remember when some of my friends filled a large trash bag with acetylene from shop class in high school, drove with it in their car to the local Shakey's Pizza Parlor at lunch, and touched it off. I didn't see it, but heard it. Some singed hair from what I recall. Pales in comparison to this though.
Ahhhhh young and dumb, the good old days.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top