JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, I have never been satisfied with GORE TEX head gear (your mileage may vary), so I have been searching for a local Portland made product OTTER WAX with no luck, so, I defaulted to good old, Peoples Republic of Seattle, Filson Oil Finish Wax.

After working into the seams and surface and hitting with a hair dryer on HIGH, first test was great. Not noisy, after a one hour in the rain walk, minimal inside moisture, mainly on the rear main vertical seam. After a second coat, with obvious extra attention to all seams, I am satisfied with the results.

Now on to the flashlight reflection tests in darkness. If anyone owning a GEN III Night Vision Device tries this, please post the results?

MultiCam_Boonie_Filson_Finish.jpg

Just me and I am a mindless old fool but that would not be my choice of headgear or dress if it were a SHTF. I tend toward a chameleon approach that let's you wear what you need in clothing but doesn't stand out sending a message. Not being critical mind you but we all look at people and profile them. It's better to not stand out.

I guess if you have a plan that you will live in the woods it will work out for you:D

No, this is just a practical piece of dog walking kit. Working in downtown Portland, it's chameleon wear 7x24x365. My 30 year old truck looks like it was resurrected from a wrecking yard and runs like a sewing machine. My laptop pack blends right in. I seriously doubt you could pick me out of the crowd. Now, at 4:30 AM when I am walking the dogs, I am completely alone (except for two rottweilers).

I walk the dog too, he is a good boy.:D Long walks help the body and gives the mind an uncluttered time to think. Since I only have one dog I carry an umbrella for rain. It has many uses from concealment to a weapon yet looks as normal as sunshine. I wear a Filson wool hat on the cold days and it looks normal for my age. I blend in just fine.

I have a brown Filson Tin Cloth Hat with the wool lining and fold down ear flaps. It does shed the water just fine.

I find it too hot to wear except when the temps get down below the teens at least, which is almost never here.

I need to get an unlined one.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads