Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

7 December 1941

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by tac, Dec 7, 2009.

1. tac

tac UK, Oregon and Ontario. Well-Known Member

Let's just take a few minutes to remember the events that took place on this day, sixty-eight years ago.

tac

2. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

My dad was a WWII veteran. He was in the Pacific Theatre. Australia, Borneo, New Guinea, and the Phillipines. I still have some of his campaign medals and ribbons. Some of my most treasured possesions.

3. timbernet

timbernet Boring, Oregon Member

Just looked at three local news stations -- no mention of what happened today :( Just articles about cold weather and an injured basketball "star"

Well, those who lost their lives today are more important to me...

4. Throckmorton

Throckmorton Florence,Ore ah gone Well-Known Member

What a horribly tragic day that was.

R.I.P. Heros

5. Weebs

Weebs Clackamas County Member

It saddens me to think that I've heard NOTHING about pearl harbor day in the media this year.

6. parsons_12b

parsons_12b LaPine Oregon Well-Known Member

My wife and I were talking about this last night she kept asking why this day is not celebrated like it should. All I can think of is people don't care any more. I have had a chance to visit the Arizona Memorial a few times I can never get over the tragedy and bravery that happened that day.

7. PMKN_PI

PMKN_PI Milwaukie, Oregon, United States Active Member

Just goes to show the best days of this country are behind us. The sheeple now, at least the bulk of them, are too dumb, dont care, wernt taught, or out and out hate the country. We wont even put the 9/11 masterminds through a Military Tribunal. What makes you think this country can remember Pearl Harbor? No, this county is finished. Flush it.

8. Arkitek

Arkitek Historic Downtown Roseburg Oregon Member

My Dad was a WWII Navy Man...worked the cable that hooked planes during landings on an aircraft carrier...out in the Pacific.
    Great memories of his stories...He's gone now...but thanks for the reminder...2009 - 1941 = 68 years ago...that would make him about 86-90 years old if he was still here...wow...still miss talkin to him.
    My heart and respect...go out to all that have served...Thank you!