JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My dad was a WWII veteran. He was in the Pacific Theatre. Australia, Borneo, New Guinea, and the Phillipines. I still have some of his campaign medals and ribbons. Some of my most treasured possesions.

Just looked at three local news stations -- no mention of what happened today :( Just articles about cold weather and an injured basketball "star"

Well, those who lost their lives today are more important to me...

My wife and I were talking about this last night she kept asking why this day is not celebrated like it should. All I can think of is people don't care any more. I have had a chance to visit the Arizona Memorial a few times I can never get over the tragedy and bravery that happened that day.

Just goes to show the best days of this country are behind us. The sheeple now, at least the bulk of them, are too dumb, dont care, wernt taught, or out and out hate the country. We wont even put the 9/11 masterminds through a Military Tribunal. What makes you think this country can remember Pearl Harbor? No, this county is finished. Flush it.

My Dad was a WWII Navy Man...worked the cable that hooked planes during landings on an aircraft carrier...out in the Pacific.
Great memories of his stories...He's gone now...but thanks for the reminder...2009 - 1941 = 68 years ago...that would make him about 86-90 years old if he was still here...wow...still miss talkin to him.
My heart and respect...go out to all that have served...Thank you!

1670478309361.png

Aloha, Mark

Yeah, Happy Birthday Dad,. Dec 7 1941. RIP

FWIW 2 of my grandfathers cousins went down on the Arizona. The Heidt Brothers.

Last Edited:
My mom's dad's was already a lieutenant on the Navy and his ship left Pearl just a few days before it happened, he lost a lot of friends that day. He could almost tolerate the Krauts, but he hated the Japs with a passion.

My uncle was a Navy aircraft mechanic during WW2.

I met him a few times in my early teens in the 90's, and I loved talking with him about the war.
He used to tell me about fixing the aircraft, patching holes, repairing harnesses, hydraulic lines, control surface cables, that was his job, following bullet/shrapnel holes and fixing the damage underneath....

Great guy...

I stupidly made a Pearl Harbor joke on the 7th... it bombed.
Yes, well, no one expects much from you anyway, so... :rolleyes:

I know a guy the went to Europe to see "The Wall" concert in Berlin celebrating the coming down of the Berlin Wall. While in Paris he went into a bar, got hammered and told a joke that went...

"Why are the streets of Paris lined with trees?"

"So the Germans can march in the shade."

As he left the bar, he ended getting mugged, his azz thoroughly kicked, his money, passport and concert tickets stolen. Some people take that stuff serious, he was probably lucky to leave vertical.

I know a guy the went to Europe to see "The Wall" concert in Berlin celebrating the coming down of the Berlin Wall. While in Paris he went into a bar, got hammered and told a joke that went...

"Why are the streets of Paris lined with trees?"

"So the Germans can march in the shade."

As he left the bar, he ended getting mugged, his azz thoroughly kicked, his money, passport and concert tickets stolen. Some people take that stuff serious, he was probably lucky to leave vertical.
Thats just Paris.

No, that's not "just Paris"; It's people being inappropriate. Even this long after, there are some things you just don't joke about. It's about being respectful.

One can joke about selling a "French battle rifle; never fired, dropped only once" here, but you don't do it in France !!

No, that's not "just Paris"; It's people being inappropriate. Even this long after, there are some things you just don't joke about. It's about being respectful.

One can joke about selling a "French battle rifle; never fired, dropped only once" here, but you don't do it in France !!
If I want to get mugged I go to Paris or Milan. Ive been mugged in Paris and didn't have to say a word about how they suck at fighting.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top