JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
I used this to carry two steel targets and the stands- they killed the tote after two range trips. Just my two cents
How's the material? Is this flimsy? I just placed an order and will be picking up once it's ready.

I've got stuff just sliding around the bed right now and this seems like a good option to store some of those. Nothing heavy, just jumper cables, emergency road side kits, random parts and tools for the truck etc.

Plano stuff is thin - I prefer MTM ammo boxes/etc., but they cost more and still are not as good as the metal GI cans.

If you just want something to contain stuff and have the lid more secure than storage containers, this may be ok. Just don't use it for moving it around while it contains heavy stuff.

For standard storage (not moving very often) I use the yellow lid black box HDX containers Costco has for $9 (sometimes on sale for less). They are stackable, but if you stand on the lid you can break the lid (I weight 275#). Also, they are not very water resistant - if you leave them out in the rain some water can get inside around the edges, and if you have them in a pickup bed the lid can fly off if you don't secure it with string/etc.

I imagine the Plano is probably a little better in that regard - I have not looked at these in person. The only Plano I have are the "ammo cans", and I don't like compared to the MTMs I bought; when I lift the Plano cans with ammo in them the lid bends and shows an opening between the lid and can - I imagine that eventually the whole thing would come apart, which is why I don't use them for heavy things anymore.

The thing about storage bins like this, is the size is large enough that it takes two people to move them around if they contain anything remotely heavy. That said, for storing things like in a car, this would probably be okay.

I use the same as Heretic, but have been getting them at Home Depot for $8 or so when they go on sale.

I do have a "premium" plano rifle case that has held up very well and I like the smaller Plano ammo boxes and the bigger MTM boxes.

I was in Costco yesterday and they had their HDX containers on sale for $7.50, and shelving units on sale too. I bought one of the less heavy duty smaller units for $50, going to put it in my office.

I like thick rubbery type totes but the more rigid and thin ones seem to crack/break a lot from my experience. Fine for on the shelf storage but for moving around the rubbery type seems to bend rather than crack. 2 cents...

I like thick rubbery type totes but the more rigid and thin ones seem to crack/break a lot from my experience. Fine for on the shelf storage but for moving around the rubbery type seems to bend rather than crack. 2 cents...

I have the Rubbermaid and they do not take well to be stacked or having heavy things in them.

Yes, the harder plastic ones can crack - if you stand on them. I don't do that anymore.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top