JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
These are great. I have 5 or 6 of them. Looks like I will have to buy a few more for my kids' vehicles. Makes a great storage tote for a road emergency kit. Blanket, water, food, first aid, etc.

These are great. I have 5 or 6 of them. Looks like I will have to buy a few more for my kids' vehicles. Makes a great storage tote for a road emergency kit. Blanket, water, food, first aid, etc.
What are the actual physical dimensions?

The description only says 56qt...

Qt capacity is not a dimension :D

Closest i can find based on price on Plano's site is the small:
  • Interior Dimensions: 20"L x 12"W x 11.5"H Exterior Dimensions: 24"L x 15"W x 13"H

I suppose the Plano tote/et. al. is worth $10. Plano usually makes rather thin moldings compared to MTM. The nice thing is it looks like this tote has a lid that would be less inclined to let water in, maybe even has a latch of some sort. I keep my GHB stuff in MTM "ammo crates" in my daily driver.

I also have dozens of the 27 gal & smaller yellow/orange top HDX tote bins I have bought at Costco.

ack-yellow-hdx-storage-bins-hdx27gonline-5-64_1000.jpg

The downside is they are meant to store stuff inside, not outside. The lid color fads over time if left in the sun, and the tie down/snap holes for the lid/lip allow rain to get inside the tote which eventually fills up with water. they are very stackable though and durable (I have stood on one and I weigh 275# - although the lid can crack if I am not careful). The lid, even though it kind of snaps down, can come flying off in the wind when placed in the back of a pickup - DAMHIK. :(

It often confuses me the variance in prices of stuff (anything). I do a search for some product and Google returns a list of the item for sale and its price. I see stuff from ~1X the advertised price to ~10X the price. I guess that some people don't price compare and just buy from whomever and the seller makes a big profit.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top