JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I watched it last night and was glad to see that they showed both sides instead of it just being a scare piece for the anti's. Further, the pro-gun-rights person that they interviewed was articulate and "normal", which I think goes a long way toward our credibility (he wasn't very assertive, but better in my opinion than having us all represented by a radical ex-rockstar). One thing to note for anyone that didn't watch it to the very end, the California Senator that wrote the original assault weapons ban stated in no uncertain terms that while President O. is not pushing the issue now, she absolutely intends to help him get it passed permanently during his presidency. Be on the lookout for gun legislation to come up again after next year's congressional elections.

One thing to note for anyone that didn't watch it to the very end, the California Senator that wrote the original assault weapons ban stated in no uncertain terms that while President O. is not pushing the issue now, she absolutely intends to help him get it passed permanently during his presidency. Be on the lookout for gun legislation to come up again after next year's congressional elections.

That's a good point worth underscoring. Keep the powder dry until they try something. But be vigilant, because there will likely be pressure on the White House to move on the gun control agenda eventually. That's the time to mobilize.

I would have liked to see the gun advocate mention the fact that black guns are NOT necessarily assault weapons. He should have refuted those claims by explaining that they are not full auto, and that all true assault weapons are. He should have also explained what kind of screening and licensing one needs to go through to acquire one!
And Feinstein? We all know her for the snake in the grass that she is. She and her ilk will strike asap if we let down our guard.
I truly believe the next step will be ammo taxation, like was stated. And it will be heavy. That is one reason the healthcare bill is so important to Obama and the leftists. It will be used for justification to tax ammo to cover the cost of trauma ward expenses when gunshot victims are treated.
No attacks by the current admin or congress will be direct. They are too busy covering their collective a$$e$.
But ammo taxation and things like the CIFTA treaty will be passed with their respective results.

I really took offense to the every other word being ASSAULT and the fact they trotted out the same ole same ole "our police force is out gunned, like every gun show sale was a full auto and the city can't afford to buy better weapons with less hassle than we can.

I really took offense to the every other word being ASSAULT and the fact they trotted out the same ole same ole "our police force is out gunned, like every gun show sale was a full auto and the city can't afford to buy better weapons with less hassle than we can.

HA!! The Patrolmen (and women) here in Woodburn sport AR-15's in their patrol cars... out gunned MY ARSE!! :s0155:

Well, Stomper, its good for publicity........ get them evil black guns back into the smelter where they belong, right?

I have determined if ever I get one of those nasty ugly black guns, I'll take some paint for the plastic "furniture" and turn it all into a nice warm brown color. I'd do hot pink, but then I'd have to keep it locked in the safe until the ship hits the span......... when no one will care, or even notice.

friend is a LEO in Ncalif.. they got actual ex military m16 (of course FIXED to be semi ) but him being ex marine.. he knows the secrets to FIXIN it again.... so .. bein out gunned is a little overstated .. everyone just wants to remember the mid 90s bank robbery.. Don

Well, that event was a serious "Cluster"... taking on AK's with 9mm Beretta pistols... of course that's a losing battle. Because of that very incident the situation today is truely a different story as AR15's and Mini-14's are regularly issed to Patrol cars these days, don't buy into that, "our police are out gunned" propaganda in this day and time!! :s0155:

Stomper, I sort of suspect what they REALLY mean by "the police are outgunned" is that EVERYONE knows the cops are armed, but the cops don't know who OUT THERE is armed. Thus, when BG's are up for a tangle, they KNOW the odds, and are prepared. The cops never know WHEN, WHERE, or WHO will bring them heat. So they paint a picture rather like the duck on the lake and the bald eagle. "outgunned" means, in reality, THEY are armed and ready, WE are only armed. The piece does no good in its holster, or in the squad car. Moving to disarm everyone, they wrongly think, will turn the odds just a bit in their favour.

Wouldn't their job be far easier, and more certain of success, if half the citizens on the street were armed and trained, and eager to assist the nice, kind, friendly, professional, law enforcement folks in dealing with perpetrators of evil? Talk about backup......

but no, for the most part, LEO are caught between a whining and complaining public (NONE of whom ever post here..... heh hheh heh) and politicians buying votes.

Well, all I have to say to that is, now they know how our soldiers in the field have felt for DECADES!!! You just never knew from where, whom, or what it would come from... and it wasn't unusual for it to come from our "allies" straight into our backs. :s0131:

But then again, it isn't really about public safety... its about disarming and exerting power over the masses, WE know it, and THEY know it, and THEY know that WE know it!! :s0131: :s0112:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top