JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Help me choose the right stock and buffer assembly for my build: 6.5grendel 20inbbl rifle gas system, adjustable gas block. Note: I'll be handloading for this eventually.
Before I pull the trigger on the Luth MBA2 rifle stock and buffer kit, the 6.5 Grendel uses a standard 223 rifle buffer and spring right?

1685508387083.png

Help me choose the right stock and buffer assembly for my build: 6.5grendel 20inbbl rifle gas system, adjustable gas block. Note: I'll be handloading for this eventually.
Before I pull the trigger on the Luth MBA2 rifle stock and buffer kit, the 6.5 Grendel uses a standard 223 rifle buffer and spring right?

View attachment 1429877
I ran a Milspec tube and standard spring and buffer in mine. Paired with this stock https://www.opticsplanet.com/magpul-industries-prs-lite-rifle-stock.html.

Personally I loved this setup. I strictly ran Hornady Black 123gr.

I have the PRS Lite on a 223 and love it. I didnt know it fit a rifle size buffer? Magpul says its designed for a carbine buffer.
I knew I had to have read your post wrong... my bad. For some reason when you said "rifle size buffer" it didn't register as what that actually is. My brain just saw buffer and away I went talking out my starfish.

I was running a Milspec carbine tube. Not a rifle tube.

You are correct the PRS will not work on a rifle tube. Apologies for the misunderstanding.

I knew I had to have read your post wrong... my bad. For some reason when you said "rifle size buffer" it didn't register as what that actually is. My brain just saw buffer and away I went talking out my starfish.

I was running a Milspec carbine tube. Not a rifle tube.

You are correct the PRS will not work on a rifle tube. Apologies for the misunderstanding.
No worries.
I go back and forth beteen the Luth and the PRS stock. Im aware some run carbine buffers with rifle gas systems. I dont know if its optimal though for the Grendel, but that combo sounds like it ran fine for you....

No worries.
I go back and forth beteen the Luth and the PRS stock. Im aware some run carbine buffers with rifle gas systems. I dont know if its optimal though for the Grendel, but that combo sounds like it ran fine for you....
Yeah, I had zero issues with that set-up. I did run an adjustable gas block. When I was researching that round it seemed adjustable was the standard. Perhaps as a way of making sure it could run well with various configurations.

Yeah, I had zero issues with that set-up. I did run an adjustable gas block. When I was researching that round it seemed adjustable was the standard. Perhaps as a way of making sure it could run well with various configurations.
this is good to know. I'll have to pause my purchase and give some thought to the PRS stock as I really like it.

I go back and forth beteen the Luth and the PRS stock.
Personally I'm a creature of habit. When I find something that works I rarely change it.

Having run the PRS, if I built something that would best be suited for that type of stock, then I'd do the same again.

Just not worth it for me if I changed it and it didn't work out.

Personally I'm a creature of habit. When I find something that works I rarely change it.

Having run the PRS, if I built something that would best be suited for that type of stock, then I'd do the same again.

Just not worth it for me if I changed it and it didn't work out.
Im the same but the Luth stock is an attractive design too. I keep going back and forth.
Id like to run the PRS but just wasn't sure if it was doable vs optimal for a rifle gas system.

Im waiting on a scope mount to arrive, then need to find/buy some ammo and yes I will test run it on the 223 lower (PRS stock) and it sounds like it should run fine and I might just buy a duplicate PRS stock/carbine buffer for the new Grendel.

Im the same but the Luth stock is an attractive design too. I keep going back and forth.
Id like to run the PRS but just wasn't sure if it was doable vs optimal for a rifle gas system.

Im waiting on a scope mount to arrive, then need to find/buy some ammo and yes I will test run it on the 223 lower (PRS stock) and it sounds like it should run fine and I might just buy a duplicate PRS stock/carbine buffer for the new Grendel.
Agreed, the Luth is more aesthetically pleasing.

You'll for sure have your answer once you run it on your current PRS lower. Once you get to that point report back. I'd be curious to know if it has any problems. I don't expect it would, but...

The cheekweld on that Luth thing looks horrendous. What's with the hook, going to herd sheep with it too?
they call it a "bag hook"... no idea why. I like the classic simple look of the basic Luth stock. I like its modular but yeah as you add features to it it starts to look crowded.
I just like a more simple classic look to the AR stocks.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top