JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anyone else remember paying $.30 a minute for a cell phone call and $.25 per text message (wanted or unwanted)?

80feeeb5.jpg
Pepperidge Farms Remembers.

Some scientists tagged an eagle (or other raptor) and then when I flew much further than they were anticipating, they got huge bills from the service -

that was a about a week ago, I'll update if I can find a link.

From my point of view, what 5g will buy us is increased IoT.

I am not a fan of those at this point, seems the consumers have not insisted on security. But they are becoming ubiquitous. Can you buy a cell phone without a camera today? ( JItterbug Flip has a camera ) Soon all devices will be IoT devices.

The next IoT which we know is coming, SelfDriving Cars. How do you manage all that data ? Even node based, or mesh based computing (where each car does some computing and shares just some with the others around it (and traffic control signals) ) will generate hereto unknown levels of data streams. IF they require client-server models (like where each car has to communicate to a central (government run) computer ... exponentially more.

The MMOG / MMPG are baby steps.

-----

As for today, watch the marketing hype. 5G is starting, but most adverts are for some hybrid version.

New ones are closer to $1500 now:eek:
I'm not paying any 1500 damn dollars for a phone. And I'm surprised there are people begging for the opportunity to do so. Then again, I've happily spent thousands on guns that just sit there looking pretty

My S4 cell phone is about 6 yrs old. It's taken a lot of abuse. Picture quality is UFO fuzzy but I ain't upgrading until the wheels fall off. When 4g dies I guess I'll look for a phone booth

I'm not paying any 1500 damn dollars for a phone. And I'm surprised there are people begging for the opportunity to do so. Then again, I've happily spent thousands on guns that just sit there looking pretty

I get the oldest phone that will still work.

At least those guns sitting will be worth about what you paid for them and not just recycled in 4-5 year.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top