JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
5g-comparison-cotw.jpg

" Drawbacks: Walls, trees, and even rain can significantly block 5G wireless signals. "

Technically, I think it is something designed specifically to suck
as much money out of people's pockets as they can when they scramble to once again
buy the latest and greatest cell phone that complies with 5G.
Buffy and Skippy always have to have the latest.
That's just a guess though.

Do you know how to milk sheep?
Put out a new iPhone and charge $1000 for it.

All of the above apply. If it's electronic, a want, and there's a big name behind it, the intended purpose is to extract dollars from the drooling sheep.
It's not just for phone service. Everything is trending to wireless, invluding replacing your home network and how you access entertainment. To do so, the entire mesh of 5G had to be completely redesigned to handle the bandwidth required for the load.
They've been working on the technology for at least five years : Cellular standards / security / networking infrastructure / highly responsive "open stack" switching, etc.
The upside of it to a user is much higher functionality and speed in your handheld. The downside is your "freedom" is at the cost of your privacy, and dollars. Those who chose to engage will become slaves to the technological spider web, signing longer contracts, giving away increasing permission into shared information, etc.

Chester Gould only imagined a fraction of the capability of the new Dick Tracy wrist communicators.
Just remember, whatever you speak, view, write or read, someone else is tracking it.

I have read where there are dangers to your health using 5G telephones or being near 5G towers.

Some countries have bans on them around the world or they are thinking about banning them. I have read numerous accounts of these bans but they way things are with the news (?!) - I do not know how TRUE those reports are.

Plus the COMPANIES/CORPORATIONS want to charge more for stuff that most people really don't need but MANY consumers WANT all of the new/improved (NOT in all cases!) STUFF to be in vogue.

Planned obsolescence! Ugh.

Plus most of the time, if a person wants to FIX a product of any type, it costs more to fix it than to buy a NEW THING or object. (Due to parts and labor unless you do your own work.)

Old Lady Cate who still uses a home - landline telephone.

David Letterman used to rail against the "cable weasels" who were constantly hawking cable TV, bundles and packages that would never be used. I see that "cell weasels" are just as active.

As I remember it, wasn't a "G" slang for 1,000 bucks (a grand)?

So, therefore, It's an additional "G" over a 4g phone and, probably 2 "G's" more than a 3g phone ….
….. and a likely a gajillion - bazillion more than my $19.95, $5/ month dumb phone is.

:rolleyes: Tech's easy :rolleyes:

There is limited bandwidth given to communication companies and in the need to have more and more devices on their networks, something has to change.

It would be impossible to put the current network capacity on 2005 cell tower technology. Because of this, they needed to come out with a better compression which leads to higher speeds but lower distances.

Natural evolution of technology as more demands are put on it.

I'll gladly put an antenna on my roof to get a Gigabit connection and bypass my current ISP. Competition drives down prices. Current hardwired companies have the markets cornered in mid sized cities where its not beneficial to bring another service in.

Anyone else remember paying $.30 a minute for a cell phone call and $.25 per text message (wanted or unwanted)?

Y2K all over again. You'll need all new stuff because the clock in your system won't recognize 2000. Hopefully I can make my billions buying up old 4G networks on the cheap that work and don't cause brain damage. That and maybe a few Coke machines will guarantee my retirement.

And when China's 5G company moves in China will have a back door to all the info passed through it.
No Thanks, I'm seriously thinking about going back to a dumb phone

LOL always cracks me up when people brag about giving up internet capable devices. On the internet.

There is limited bandwidth given to communication companies and in the need to have more and more devices on their networks, something has to change.

It would be impossible to put the current network capacity on 2005 cell tower technology. Because of this, they needed to come out with a better compression which leads to higher speeds but lower distances.

Natural evolution of technology as more demands are put on it.

I'll gladly put an antenna on my roof to get a Gigabit connection and bypass my current ISP. Competition drives down prices. Current hardwired companies have the markets cornered in mid sized cities where its not beneficial to bring another service in.

Anyone else remember paying $.30 a minute for a cell phone call and $.25 per text message (wanted or unwanted)?

A lady that lives across the street from some property I own gets $3000 a month to allow a tower on her property!

Y2K all over again. You'll need all new stuff because the clock in your system won't recognize 2000. Hopefully I can make my billions buying up old 4G networks on the cheap that work and don't cause brain damage. That and maybe a few Coke machines will guarantee my retirement.
No joke, some drivers reported driving thousands of miles in 5 minutes on their elogs in 2000, after switching to eld in 2019. :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top