JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok guys and gals, I'm going to order a Barrett 99 and they have basically 2 options... A 29" fluted barrel and a 32" heavy profile barrel. There is a 3lb difference in the 2 models, so is this something I'll notice in the recoil of the rifle very much? I expect it to be a stout punch in the shoulder either way, but will it be a night and day difference or no?

Ok guys and gals, I'm going to order a Barrett 99 and they have basically 2 options... A 29" fluted barrel and a 32" heavy profile barrel. There is a 3lb difference in the 2 models, so is this something I'll notice in the recoil of the rifle very much? I expect it to be a stout punch in the shoulder either way, but will it be a night and day difference or no?
A good bedside gun and a .454 for C.C.W

There is minimal recoil with a properly braked 50 cal like the Barrett 99. You will however experience the concussion of the blast. The 50 cals I have shot I would compare recoil to being equal to a .308 win. I have shot both a Barrett 99 and Armalite AR50 and both had equal recoil I would say.

My M82A1 kicks like an '06, the real sensation is the concussion I feel in my sinuses. You're talking about a greater than 30lb rifle in my case, the model 99 it's probably very similar. I'd go with the heavy barrel, personally as my 29" fluted barrel can get warm after a mag full.

I'd get the longest available. It's a 50 not a QCB AR. Take advantage if the extra weight and velocity.

My M82A1 kicks like an '06, the real sensation is the concussion I feel in my sinuses. You're talking about a greater than 30lb rifle in my case, the model 99 it's probably very similar. I'd go with the heavy barrel, personally as my 29" fluted barrel can get warm after a mag full.
I was going to mention feeling the concussion in your sinuses but didn't know if that was just me or if others experienced that also. It is a very odd sensation.

I have a 99 in the 32 inch barrel. The kick is not bad as others have mentioned. It's the blast / concussion that it produces that will leave you thinking damn that was a piece of artillery just now. As far as length go longer this is a distance rifle.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews