JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok guys and gals, I'm going to order a Barrett 99 and they have basically 2 options... A 29" fluted barrel and a 32" heavy profile barrel. There is a 3lb difference in the 2 models, so is this something I'll notice in the recoil of the rifle very much? I expect it to be a stout punch in the shoulder either way, but will it be a night and day difference or no?

Ok guys and gals, I'm going to order a Barrett 99 and they have basically 2 options... A 29" fluted barrel and a 32" heavy profile barrel. There is a 3lb difference in the 2 models, so is this something I'll notice in the recoil of the rifle very much? I expect it to be a stout punch in the shoulder either way, but will it be a night and day difference or no?
A good bedside gun and a .454 for C.C.W

There is minimal recoil with a properly braked 50 cal like the Barrett 99. You will however experience the concussion of the blast. The 50 cals I have shot I would compare recoil to being equal to a .308 win. I have shot both a Barrett 99 and Armalite AR50 and both had equal recoil I would say.

My M82A1 kicks like an '06, the real sensation is the concussion I feel in my sinuses. You're talking about a greater than 30lb rifle in my case, the model 99 it's probably very similar. I'd go with the heavy barrel, personally as my 29" fluted barrel can get warm after a mag full.

I'd get the longest available. It's a 50 not a QCB AR. Take advantage if the extra weight and velocity.

My M82A1 kicks like an '06, the real sensation is the concussion I feel in my sinuses. You're talking about a greater than 30lb rifle in my case, the model 99 it's probably very similar. I'd go with the heavy barrel, personally as my 29" fluted barrel can get warm after a mag full.
I was going to mention feeling the concussion in your sinuses but didn't know if that was just me or if others experienced that also. It is a very odd sensation.

I have a 99 in the 32 inch barrel. The kick is not bad as others have mentioned. It's the blast / concussion that it produces that will leave you thinking damn that was a piece of artillery just now. As far as length go longer this is a distance rifle.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top