JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes, the gate has only been open one time, and so I drove through that time. Otherwise I park next to it and then carry my table and gear over/around the gate.

Only been there 5 times, and I've never had any issues.

A couple times I've set up prone on the grass straight back from the gate, and it's probably 50 yards from the road.

There's definitely activity out there - I saw a lot of shotgun shells out in the area we shoot at - 200 yards out or so.
Someone had also shot some glass on a log that I rest on when shooting from kneeling.

Wolf creek, fisk, shotgun creek and mcgowen are pretty much your only options. Though, Mcgowen and Shotgun are getting tighter and tighter with their "no shooting" signs.

Both main areas at fisk have had "no shooting" signs posted at one time or another, but they inevitably disappear after a few months.

There's a few good spots up wolf creek, but you need to know where the roads are and where you're shooting at.

If you're up for a little drive, there's some incredible spots out by lobster valley.

Ola Grand poo ba I know a place out southwest of eugene about 25 miles from city limits. is good for out to 900 yards. I am always up for some long range practice. but i am not into drinking and shooting or being unsafe.and always try to go out and learn something and become more proficient at the long range game. I have a metal plate that swings which is helpful cause at 900 yards your not going to be able to see a bullet hole, well at least not with my optics...I am currently out of town, but will be back in july.. i will shoot you a pm with my contact number... if ya want you are more than welcome to join me .its nice to have company when out in the woods. case i fall and break my hip...heee.hee.. hope you can join me,, or any of you folks. usually eats up about half a day, when out there.

I'm a rangemaster out at Emerald Empire (McGowan). Our longest rifle range is 200 yards but if your not a member or not with a member than you limited to the public range which is 100. On anther note starting this week there open summer hours again which is Tues thru Sunday.

How far up wolf creek does one have to go to be legal, buddy of mine went up there last year and was shooting in the area right before it gets that steep right turn because he couldnt get up it, and then ended up with a fat ticket, he said there were plenty of shells from other people so he figured he was good to go.

How far up wolf creek does one have to go to be legal, buddy of mine went up there last year and was shooting in the area right before it gets that steep right turn because he couldnt get up it, and then ended up with a fat ticket, he said there were plenty of shells from other people so he figured he was good to go.

sorry to necro this thread, but im hoping some of the posters are still around. I called LCSO and they said that wolf creek is outside of the boundary line and I could shoot with impunity as long as I was not wreckless. I have been shooting out at MP 9 as there is a small 30 yard section before you reach the gate, with a nice backstop.

I would be interested to hear what part of the road your buddy got a ticket for and what the actual citation was for.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top