JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Of the two 1911s pictured, I like the one at the top. The contrast of light and dark just does something to me.

I like the contrast as well. She just needs a couple thousand rounds through her to catch up to the Kimber. Then her groups might shrink. Also a big difference in the trigger pull. To me the Springfields trigger is better for self defense and the Kimber better suited for paper.

Now yer all going to think I'm nuts and another BS'er, but I am the really proud possessor of a polished stainless Colt Officers ACP that is very accurate (3.5" barrel). It was tuned by John Semm at Shooters Service Center in N PDX, and he did a great job! When I was a member of Clark Rifles they had an eight inch gong at 60yds. I practiced on that thing every week until I could hit it six out of seven times, standing, using an upright for a brace. I always practiced for a head shot at that range. After studying hostage situations I became determined that in such an event no hoodlum was leaving with my wife if I could help it. Thankfully never needed to put that practice to use!
Thus far!

What is your thinking?

The Springfields pull I feel the wall and it takes more pressure. The Kimber trigger has no wall and is a little too light for me on a self d pistol. I have carried it and it's a great shooter. I just have to remember the trigger. Others may love it for a carry pistol. It will surprise you. In a good way.

And to be honest my groups were better than I thought I could shoot. I doubt I can shoot my 9s as well. More shooting to find out I guess. But those 1911s can be some shooters. I seldom impress myself , but I was a little excited after shooting the 45s today. :)

Not sure what you mean by wall... is there some takeup in the trigger? I hate that in a 1911 but like it in my Glock.

I know what you mean by having too light a trigger for SD... my Para P14 was highly customized for competition and I would never carry it. With a 2lb trigger, it would be possible to have an AD when getting excited/tense/stimulated.

I don't think anything is as accurate as a single stage trigger for target shooting. Maybe it is just me tho. ;)

The wall is what I consider the point before it breaks. Not much take up on them. It's probably the triggers on the 1911s rewarding me with decent groups.

Of the two 1911s pictured, I like the one at the top. The contrast of light and dark just does something to me.

Virtually every 1911 I ever see does something for me. :)
Only one I can think of in recent memory that did not work for me was that color case one that to most left the impression it had been buried and dug up. Other than that seems every one I lay eyes on is calling to me.

The wall is what I consider the point before it breaks. Not much take up on them. It's probably the triggers on the 1911s rewarding me with decent groups.

Ah, is there an increase in resistance just before the break? I have a Ruger with a surprise break. I prefer the one I can feel, for target shooting. But for SD I don't think I'd notice.

My Para din't have a wall. Not with a 2lb trigger. You put a little tension on it and it went bang.

Ok so the other day I posted about my little p938 shooting groups almost as well as my full size. I think many of you thought I was nuts or don't shoot much. Another BSer . Well heres some 50 foot 5 shot target pics from just minutes earlier. Not from a rest either. I would like to see your 50' pics if you have any. Doesn't have to be a compact but not from a rest either. All in good fun.

Nothing special, but did hit the target. ON these attempts. :D
If I throw out the flyer can we call the one a 3'' group? :D

View attachment 373941
View attachment 373942
View attachment 373943
View attachment 373946

Here are my groups from 50'. I know, I know ...... not so good, I'm working on it. :p
45724.jpg

MrMillspecer, in all seriousness ..... nice shooting. :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class